enter ptero

Discussion in 'Howdy there!' started by pteropus, Feb 19, 2016.

1. pteropus

pteropus aspiring sea hobo

lurked here sans account for ages to read the rps, then discovered that if you make an account it TRACKS WHERE YOU'VE READ TO. utterly amazing, best invention of the century. i am enthused
    (actually here mainly because i noticed the create-an-account button at around the time where i was supposed to be writing an essay on lafayette, and it was all well hot damn this is entirely necessary)
    anyhow, the name is pteropus, the endeavor is living on a boat. hobbies: storytelling, cooking using only a frying pan, consuming media at enormous speeds, sealing letters with candle wax like a fancy jackass, etc

in summary: yo

• Like x 6
  2. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

Welcome! You sound like a really interesting person :D

3. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

hi! :D

what rps are you reading?

4. pteropus

i've been reading the boat trolls series, which is right now the non-boat werewolves-and-magic bit. continually spectacular character studies!
    (nice burr quote)

• Like x 1
  5. unknownanonymous

i've been reading that too. :D

(thank you! burr is my fave hamilton character, and wait for it is probably my fave hamilton song.)

6. pteropus

at this point i'm unclear on how much of this forum is actually centered around those rps. it only recently occurred to me that seeing as there was a subheading for rps there was prooooooobably something else on the site.

i love and resent burr in equal measure- the dude reminds me too much of me. i'm totally torn between yorktown and room where it happens for my favorite hamilton tracks but either way i just end up listening to wait for it over and over and feeling like i've heard some sorta cosmic truth

• Like x 4
  7. unknownanonymous

this forum is not centered around those rps. honestly, it would be a stretch to say kintsugi is centered around anything at all. or at least anything you can sum up in one to four words.

:D me too. like, with how he hesitates to do things, and to show opinions - just yeah, it really reminds me of how i deal with tumblr.

and yes, yes, wait for it does feel exactly like that!

(Love doesn't discriminate
    Between the sinners
    And the saints
    It takes and it takes and it takes
    And we keep loving anyway
    We laugh and we cry
    And we break
    And we make our mistakes
    And if there's a reason I'm by her side
    When so many have tried
    Then I'm willing to wait for it
    I'm willing to wait for it
    )

8. pteropus

when i first listened to hamilton i kept absentmindedly writing this down the margins of my notes. made for some weird lab reports

• Like x 1
  9. unknownanonymous

:D while i have never done that exact thing, i definitely get a similar feel a lot of the time. like, i want to go and use music lyrics or quotes from things as, like, stand-ins for my thoughts and feelings or something. which is why i do lots of fanmixy pairing-characters/ships-with-songs things in my head. which i basically think, in my case, is echolalia, just put in a fandom context and with fandom conventions (fanmixes, fanvids, lyric comics, gifs... etc.).

10. pteropus

i love taking quotes and songs and bending the context for fandom things (or usually for my vague series of ocs). it makes for some damn cool exploration of language and meaning! i don't think there's a single song i listen to that hasn't got a pack of associations with some ridiculously unrelated thing. this medieval folk rock instrumental? it's about star trek. pop hit from 2001? relationship development of gay wizard pirates, definitely.

• Like x 2
  11. unknownanonymous

:D:D:D yes, exactly!

12. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Hello!

Excellent name you've got there.

13. pteropus

why thank you

edit: (are you supposed to note edits? guess who hasn't been on a forum since scioly, it's me.)
    you a fan of flying foxes or just scientific nomenclature?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  14. pteropus

i'm not sure how much of the quote-bending tendencies i picked up from the general course of fandom, but it's really neat to meet someone else who does it! you got a favorite fanmix?

• Like x 1
  15. unknownanonymous

well, i have fave fanvids.

16. pteropus

do tell

17. unknownanonymous

i think i've linked to quite a few of them in kintsugi's fave amvs thread

18. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

welcome!!! reading your posts is amusing me a lot, you have an interesting "voice", v cool

19. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

mostly the latter (see my own name), but the former are most excellent as well

20. kmoss

kmoss whoops

this seems fun, hello
    you live on a boat? like, houseboat or ship or bright orange flotation device in the middle of the caribbean?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice