Failure

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by Lissiel, May 15, 2015.

1. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

man, i get so fucking tired of my brain just massively overreacting to tiny fuckups. I work and work on this and i stg every time I think ive made peace with making mistakes i end up doing some stupid meaningless thing wrong and my brain is just like "welp! Time to shut down entirely this is the actual worst thing anyones ever done you should probably go hop in a literal trashcan and roll into traffic."

I fucked up my cases making a fairly simple latin translation (malo instead of...not even sure rn, a male maybe?) and my brain is seriously pushing the idea of deleting my tumblr over it what the fuck brain. No one even cares. (Also I stand by gerulam because dammit you carry a cellphone not wear one )

2. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

I....wow, I feel this. I don't know what the heck to do about it, but I feel it. I've been taught to break down stuff like this as anxiety, like asking myself who cares? Do the people who care matter? Will they remember it in a week? Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't ...

• Like x 1
  3. Chiomi

Chiomi Master of Disaster

Yeah, I do this a lot. Mostly grade anxiety (I had a minor tailspin earlier because I might be getting a B, but texted my dad until it stopped). I think a lot of it is somehow our sense of achievement gets warped? So it's not good enough to do merely extremely well, it has to be perfect. I mostly try to get external reassurance, which helps a lot - partly because my moirail just mocks me as ridiculous, which works well to remind me that my assessments are broken.

I can sometimes break it down like Enzel said, but it takes considerably more effort.

• Like x 1
  4. hoarmurath

hoarmurath Thor's Hammer

I lost all my rounds (won two matches but just one against each person) at a magic the gathering prerelease. When I left, my brain kept telling me I was the worst and that I shouldn't make any choices ever because clearly coming to a prerelease to get cards and to chill with other players is such an important life choice.

Ugh.

Broken assessments indeed.

• Like x 1
  5. albedo

albedo metasperg

Yeah, I feel that too. Mostly regarding social situations, due to the joy and wonder of gaslighting. Wish I had any useful coping mechanisms, but all I have is logicking and riding out the panic until it goes away.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice