Fanfic recs

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by swirlingflight, May 29, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Kemmasandi

Kemmasandi Optimus Prime's disapproving eyebrows

Anyone have any Boku no Hero Academia fic recs? I just got into the fandom and I have a mighty need...

2. garden

garden lucid dreamer

you could even say you have...... an all-mighty need

...i’ll show myself out

• Winner x 4
  3. Kemmasandi

I'm laughing so hard rn, guess who my fav character is xDDDD

I swear I knew it was gonna be him before I ever started reading. That man hits every single button marked 'instant emotional investment' that I've ever had lmfao

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  4. Aya-non

Aya-non Well-Known Member

I can help with this! I'm pretty much a gen reader for BnHA, though I will read really good shipfic if I like the author, so my recs skew accordingly:

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  5. Kemmasandi

omfg, Send Endeavour To The Shadow Realm was one of the first fics (series) I came across, and I just finished Yesterday Upon The Stairs and holy shit they were good 8D Thank you!

• Like x 1
  6. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

Against My Nature by Araceil

• Like x 1
  7. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

Man, Yesterday Upon The Stair is really good. Aside from the cool concept and the awesome alternate Deku, it's basically Deku<>Todoroki and it turns out I needed that in my life?

8. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Cultural Exchange by Therrae
    Summary: “Let’s go way out on a limb and hypothesize a world not completely populated with idiots, where the government eventually figured out that first contact was something you had to deal with systematically (rather than by random trial and error during combat.)”

This is the Transformers fanfic I have been waiting two years for, it finally exists and I love it so much, everything is Cybertronian culture and linguistics and psychology and nothing hurts

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    • Like x 2
  9. Jean

Hush, Babybird by Clueless Kitten
    Tagged
    This fic is exactly my kind of unsettling and weirdcute.

• Like x 3
  10. Alexand

Alexand Rhymes with &

I'd second everything by PitViperofDoom and simkjrs, but I have a few more recs to throw in, if you're still looking!
    • Everything by KuriKuri: Has written a heck of a lot of really quality EraserMic, plus some other teacher/teacher-adjacent ships (EraserMight, whatever Midnight/Mt. Lady is called?). Particular fics I'd rec include Just A Little Advice, Present Mic's Awesome Mixtape 2.0, and Two Rings and Two Kids, but that says more about my personal fluff bias than anything else.
    • fire-forged friends: Some background EraserMic, but actual focus is on Aizawa, Tsuyu, and their tragically-underexplored-by-canon dynamic. It's hard to find Tsuyu-centric fics in general, but I love her here.
    • Karma Police: Aizawa+Izuku bodyswap! Kind of a weird premise, but it's good times, I swear. It's also the only bodyswap fic I've seen that also apparently functions as a sensory-processing-swap, which is fun. In-progress, so I'm not sure where it's going yet, but I trust this author with my life.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  11. Kemmasandi

I'm definitely still looking - am currently about 3/4 of the way through the All Might tag on Ao3, haha! Thank you for the recs, I am all in favour of fluff :D

12. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

The Sith Who Brought Life Day: Imperial stormtrooper loses a bet and as his punishment has to come up with a Life Day present for Darth Vader.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  13. Jean

This is kinda specific, but does anyone have any recs for fics where Tim agrees to be Jason's Robin in Battle for the Cowl? And/or fics where any of the batfam but especially Jason (because I love him, and also because he would respond by attempting to murder the perpetrators, which is great) finds out about the whole "Ra's had his sister try to rape Tim to get an heir" thing. Besides Cass, of course; she obviously knows.

I've seen a couple, but not many at all.

14. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

In dreams you follow (but I dream in the dark) series by blackkat on ao3. A Naruto fic where Kiba joins the Akatsuki at 12 as a secret double agent. Still ongoing, but this author updates so frequently that I don’t feel bad at all about reccing a WIP.

While you’re at it you should check out everything else blackkat has written because she is an amazing Naruto writer!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  15. keltena

keltena putting the fun in executive dysfunction

I've spent the last few weeks working my way through Dangan Ronpa: Operation V.K. by KinuNishimura, which is an original Dangan Ronpa fic I'd highly recommend. Great cast and characterization (seriously, the characterization and character interactions are so good), well-plotted, and generally just a great read. It's also really funny on a regular basis. And extremely gay.

I feel I should also mention that it's gotten me to look up Yu-Gi-Oh cards (among various other things) in the course of trying to puzzle out plot details and foreshadowing, which I realize is not exactly conventional praise but I feel has to say something good about the fic as a whole.

• Informative x 1
  16. Jean

Truth in Hyperbole by Sanjuno

17. Jean

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  18. JVS

JVS Member

Frost Formed, Flame Forged by heartslogos
    Everything heartslogos touches turns to gold. This is a gorgeous read. It's like... I can't even describe it. Satisfying. Exhilarating. The worldbuilding, the characterization, the story. I love this fic.

DCU, specifically Batman, specifically Red Robin. Heavily au; it would make complete sense even with no context. A scattering of background pairings, but the focus is Ra'sTim. However romance is rarely, if ever, focused on; rather magic and culture and intrigue, and Tim's honestly fascinating life as he goes from child in the North to slave in the South, to soldier to commander to consort, the work he does and things he learns and loyalty he gains. I could read a thousand more chapters, but the ending is emotionally satisfying and well done.

19. JVS

JVS Member

do you wanna feel a little beautiful, baby by sister

A really excellent casefic with fantastic characterization and cute-but-complicated budding romance. Also Tim and Steph are best moirails. (Not a homestuck crossover, promise.)

20. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

Heya kinda shootin around here to see if anyone has any recs!

I'm interested in
    Relationships after a minor 'cataclysm'
    The small personal cataclysm like when the original overwatch got destroyed (for reaper76) or the terrible events of harry potter (for an au with sirius and remus) or the long years of steve and bucky (post winter soldier)

After all of that
    They're worn and weary
    But having this new relationship with someone you have known for a very long time and maybe haven't even seen for ages
    There's a gentle hope

For example cap america x bucky barnes fic, I've specifically found that I'm super interested in fics where barnes remains as winter soldier like
    He joins the avengers and rejects hydra but he doesn't really get his old personality back
    But captain america still falls for him at least like
    They flirt and winter soldier is like you don't want me you want barnes
    But captain america wants to get to know this personality that is the winter soldier

Anyone know any fics that fit that?
    Here's like 2 stucky fics I've read a long time ago that made me realize thatI'm into this stuff!

Memory emilyenrose (series, T & M, 25k)

I will remember you obsessivereader (T, 15k)

And This post-winter soldier ficlist that has my less specific tastes

But yeah post personal cataclysm fics!

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice