Fav Movies that are so bad they're good

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Allenna, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Allenna

Allenna I am not a Dragon. Or a Robot. Really.

I think we all have a few of those. People are chewing scenery, the special affects are failing so hard Harry Husen is rolling over in his grave, and you think the lighting crew might have been drunk -- and what WERE the script writers smoking?

For me its:
    Super Mario Bros
    Doctor Strange (made for TV movie)
    Rock 'n Rule (which I hesitate to call BAD its just not to most peoples tastes)
    Assassins
    (pretty sure I have more my brain is just blanking)

• Like x 1
  2. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

For me personally I tend to snark through about every movie I see whether I like it or not, simply because that's kind of how I relate to media? Off the top of my head, the ones that are really fun to watch because they are so baffling and silly to me- the second Hobbit movie, the Twilight movies, ummm, a...a lot of disney movies *bows head in shame*
    ...That's actually it. I really don't watch many movies.

3. Allenna

Nothing wrong with liking silly Disney movies. I still rewatch Babes In Toy Land any time its streaming on Netflix.

• Like x 1
  4. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Wicked Lake is so bad it's bad... except for one excellently done brick-joke.
    Black Sheep. It's about weresheep.

5. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh I love Babes in Toy Land, the whole movie is so delightful. Basically every costuming choice makes me smile, and you can probably still get me to sing the Cincinnati song by humming the first few notes.
    (But I was also talking about Disney movies that most people regard as some of the best movies of their childhood/lives)

• Like x 1
  6. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

introducing my favorite shitty movie...

a talking cat!?!

this is literally the most hilariously bad movie i've ever seen. okay so i've only seen the commercial but i've been told the song plays through the entire movie.

7. Allenna

Oh my gosh I think we are talking about different version of Babes in Toy Land. I mean the 1960s one with Annette Funicello, not the one with Barrymore. :)

• Like x 1
  8. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

I have never seen that movie but it looks absolutely adorable, oh my god, those cheery villains holding hands and dancing in circles while singing about murdering for cash :D

9. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

....birdemic?
    ok, I jest; i only watched birdemic once.

But I really, really like the lion king 2.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
    • Like x 2
  10. Allenna

It looks like its not streaming on Netflix anymore but you can rent it off youtube (that is so weird to say) or amazon prime. Though given it's age you might be able to find it ...other ways.

• Like x 1
  11. Kittenly

Kittenly Just Squish That Cat!

My all time favorite is Shark Attack Three: Megalodon! (This Time, It's Prehistoric!)

Starring John Barrowman of all people. It's just a beautiful clusterfuck of shitty acting, hilarious over use of old nat geo stock footage of sharks, and some of the worst special effects of all time.

Also the Dungeons and Dragons movie. Just. Why. It makes no sense. Like painfully no sense. But Jeremy Irons is riduclous and funny and the one black characters is obnoxious and offensive but everything is so surreal that it's hilarious anyway.

Not sure if they're a legal way to watch either of those...

• Like x 2
  12. Allenna

Oh my god that movie. Jeremy Irons overacting and the girl that played the Empress underacting like they were in a competition with each other. I think the whole movie plot was based off of a DnD campaign by the lead actor and the director/writer.

I think the DnD movie was floating on Netflix for a while, though I'm not sure if it's still there.

• Like x 1
  13. Chiomi

Chiomi Master of Disaster

Hansel and Gretel: Warriors of Witchcraft. It was made entirely on a budget of $1 million, uses the same three shots way, way too much, and is really cheesy. Best enjoyed in the company of sarcastic people and copious quantities of alcohol. Like, it's so genuinely bad that it's hilarious to watch.

• Like x 1
  14. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

How did I forget the Dungeons and Dragons movie?

• Like x 3
  15. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Oh! the live action scooby doo movies, how could i forget. i love those movies, quality and plot be damned.

edit:and bee movie!

• Like x 1
  16. Kittenly

Kittenly Just Squish That Cat!

@Arxon oh my god you are a hero

I forgot about blue lipstick guy. How could I forgoet about blue lipstick guy???

Also the ending. What was the ending. I... I don't.

• Like x 2
  17. bramblepatch

bramblepatch ground/water dualtype

fun fact: I once had a RP character who was hatedating Sollux Captor and sent him bee movie as a get well present

I seriously think that was one of the highlights of that game

• Like x 4
  18. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

@Kittenly I remember as a kid watching the Eragon movie and my friend and I spent the entire time mocking the Shade guy's terrible manicure. We were but wee ones.

• Like x 1
  19. a tiny mushroom

a tiny mushroom the tiniest

That is literally my mum and I's literal favourite movie. It is so cheesy, it's fantastic and I love it. I kinda want to design my own witch because I LOVE the witch designs.

20. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Xanadu! How did I ever forget Xanadu that movie is a gift. So much roller blading! So much Olivia Newton-John! So many wierdly long shots that never move and make you feel vaguely uncomfortable!

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice