feeling at the end of my rope

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by theprettiestboy, Nov 21, 2015.

1. theprettiestboy

theprettiestboy wombatman

I've been having a rough few months. My partner's disability benefits were cut and they want us to pay them over $6,000 because she was supposedly overpaid, the car insurance went up by over $100 and I realized that my health insurance was going to be running out in february too late to do anything about it. We can pay the rent this month, but only if we don't buy food and only if I drive to work by myself (I'm still on my permit) so we don'd have to pay as much gas.

We scraped together money for an eye exam and glasses, because my glasses are old as hell and I'm not going to be able to pass the vision exam to get my license when I can afford it

My new glasses just came, and the prescription is wrong

Like really really wrong

So either my eye doctor screwed up (unlikely), the eyeglass place screwed up (also unlikely), or I didn't type it in right when I ordered them (most probable)

I'm having a hard time not feeling like a total failure right now. I started crying twice today at work because I'm so stressed out, and that was before the glasses came. I had them in my head as one bright thing to look forward too, and now I'm just sobbing and trying not to throw up.

Once upon a time I got myself to a place where I didn't want to cry when someone asked me how I was, but that feels like a really long time ago. I haven't seriously self harmed in years, but tonight is going to be hard.

2. ZeroEsper

ZeroEsper Well-Known Member

Wow, that's a lot going on all at once. If you don't mind me asking, is it possible for you to get on government-type healthcare? I'm not sure where you are, but I know in the U.S. it's colloquially known as Obamacare.

Also, can you work out a payment plan for the money you supposedly owe back from your partners benefits? Or are they saying they want it all at once?

• Like x 1
  3. theprettiestboy

They want it all at once. It seems really sketchy to me honestly, because they're trying to get rid of her benefits but we're still in the process of appealing it, they haven't even given us a date for her hearing yet and we're still working on finding a lawyer that isn't shit, and now suddenly they want all this money at the beginning of December.

I'm hopeful that I can get on obamacare, but I definitely don't have the spoons to try and figure that out right now.

on the plus side, my girlfriend figured out that we can get an exchange for the glasses if we figure out what went wrong, and our food stamps came in so we were able to get groceries. it's ridiculous that I need food stamps when I work full time above minimum wage but that's a whole other issue :p

4. ZeroEsper

I think I'd find a lawyer to at least review the paperwork before paying them (easier said than done I know, but I think it's worth a shot).

I'm glad you can get the glasses figured out?

Are you able to get help from your local department of disability services to get on obamacare?

5. theprettiestboy

Well we'll have to talk to a lawyer first, because we have nothing to pay them with
    I mean the main problem that I'm having (and really the root of a lot of this) is not having the spoons to do anything beyond pure survival. I can get it together enough most of the time to have clean ish clothes to wear to work, get there and back, do my job reasonably well, and usually feed myself. I'm sure there are people I can talk to, and I hope I'll have the energy to do it before it's too late.

I'm doing a lot better today than I was when I wrote this, BTW, things still suck in a lot of ways but having food does a lot to help.

6. ZeroEsper

I see. I understand, I get like this at this time of year. Can your partner help you at all?

Glad you're feeling better!

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice