clowntown daily dispatch (acey’s bejeweled baguette): currently screaming about fanfiction

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Acey, Dec 15, 2018.

?

do you enjoy the theme to malcolm in the middle

1. yes

33.3%
  2. no

13.3%
  3. maybe

26.7%
  4. i don’t know

40.0%
  5. can you repeat the question?

63.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

i’ve only seen the musical once and i remember it making approximately zero sense to begin with

also the rotten tomatoes score is 18%

needless to say i am very excited, bless my parents for being okay with me going to see what is apparently the worst movie currently in theaters while they go see little women

• Like x 1
  2. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

the plot of the cats musical is very simple. everyone is horny and wants to die really badly. it's a very theater kid experience. some cats can inexplicably also do literal actual magic. macavity is literally a tomcat wanted by scotland yards for murder probably. the entire musical is on fire constantly and it's so goddamn valid. I cannot wait to possibly see it, tho i have heard from at least one source that it's not actually that bad for devoted cats fans :P

• Informative x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  3. Acey

i’ve heard the same more or less but seeing as how i am not a devoted cats fan i expect it’ll be uh

an Experience

i got two bars of weed chocolate today we doin this

• Winner x 1
  4. Acey

ALSO
    did you mean: at least half my fanfics

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  5. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I have just seen Cats and will post about it in my blog thread shortly

being a former devoted Cats fan really does help

• Informative x 1
  6. Acey

ngl the entire reason i personally am seeing it is that the cgi is fucking horrifying and i love things that are bad, so i’m actually kinda glad i’m not going in as a devoted cats fan, because that is absolutely not the experience i am personally hoping to have. :P

that being said, of course, i’m glad that it’s apparently enjoyable if you enjoy cats to begin with! i’d guess that’s the target audience anyway.

• Like x 1
  7. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I mean, enjoyable might be stretching it slightly, but the things that bothered me are different from the things that will probably bother you lol. imo the CGI was actually not quite as bad as people are saying - it just feels uncanny-valley because of the contrast with the scale of the props and scenery. also because their hands are still like. human hands. that’s really weird.

anyway I hope you enjoy it!! if you end up liking the music but getting weirded out by the rest I highly recommend you watch the stage show version, it’s better in pretty much every way lol

• Informative x 1
  8. Acey

i have seen the stage show! it was years ago tho. :P

• Informative x 1
  9. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

oh cool!! did you see it live or did you have the filmed version?

my sibling and I just about wore out our VHS copy lol. Cats was one of my first fandoms and I still very much have a soft spot for it

• Like x 1
  10. Acey

i just saw the filmed version haha!

• Like x 1
  11. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

i saw it live once with that world tour they do with the cat ears tent.... it was so good tho i am sad they couldn't manage to do a safe portable version of the trapeze stunts, but yeah i recommend the live version especially if you're even mildly into dance and jazzy ALW style rock opera type deals. The choreography can be lackluster or absolutely exquisite depending on the company putting it on but I've had good experiences. The songs are really good too, don't get me wrong, but I like the productions where it's a high concept ballet with singing the best
    Gonna fucking say tho changing Victoria to a singing role is =/ She's the First Dancer's part!!! her purpose is having a big modern ballet solo that devolves into an orgy!!! Don't give her a song.
    also tswift as bombalurina coupled with apparently p much deleting demeter from existence is. big =/// demeter's and bombalurina's extremely bisexual dynamic is the best part of Macavity.........

• Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  12. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

yeah they did Demeter dirty >:( and Bombalurina, in a way, since all the lines she had outside of Macavity were erased.
    Victoria’s song was fine, and she has a nice voice, but it wasn’t Cats at all. absolutely didn’t fit in with the rest of the show. also they deleted Jemima too and gave Victoria her lines which I am salty about!!!

• Witnessed x 2
  13. Acey

unrelated entirely but hear me out:

pearlmethyst

• Agree x 4
  14. Acey

update: fell asleep midway through cats but what i saw was okay enough?

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  15. Acey

other friends still slaps way too hard

16. Acey

heathers the musical > heathers the movie >>>>>> (everything i’ve heard about) heathers the tv show

• Informative x 1
  17. Acey

creach across the ground until the day is done

• Agree x 2
  18. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

all the while the planet creaches round the suuuun

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
  19. Acey

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
  20. Acey

i opened 2020 by starting careful what you pack by tmbg at the 1:03 point so i could start the year with flans singing “IT’S A NEEEWW YEEEAAAR~”

• Winner x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice