Fics: you make 'em, we summarize 'em

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by artistformerlyknownasdave, Mar 23, 2017.

1. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

teal deer: post your fic, the tags that go along with it, and any additional info you feel like needs to go with it in here, and/or offer summaries for the things other folks have posted!

ETA: this is, at its heart, a forum game! don't feel obligated to use the summary someone offers, and don't feel like you have to meet a quota of summaries offered to be allowed to post your fic! it's all in good fun, and if some useful material comes out of it then hell yeah

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    • Like x 3
  2. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I feel like it should be made explicit that no one is required to use any summary that was written for their story. Though hopefully some people will find many things they like.

This is a game (or I wanna think of it that way). Stakes are low, it's good to have fun, try your best, hopefully cool stuff results! Or at least something that provides a hopeful direction to try next! ^_^

• Like x 2
  3. artistformerlyknownasdave

good point! edited to reflect that and put the quotes under a spoiler

• Like x 1
  4. Verily

I'm also of the opinion that summary requests should be explicit, even if the request includes the contents of an author's entire archive. No worries whatsoever about asking, as long as the request is clear.

• Like x 1
  5. artistformerlyknownasdave

i'm really sorry, can you rephrase that? i'm having trouble parsing it! do you mean someone should be clear that they're asking for a summary, or that they should offer everything they think is necessary or something else?

sorry again ><

• Like x 1
  6. Verily

Sorry, totally my bad! Forget everything I said. My thoughts were a total mess. What I meant was in regards to this:
    (Sorry to single you out, Spock! Hope it's not too awkward or anything.)

I think this contained an invitation to write summaries for works in the archive as part of the game, but I'm not 100% sure?

• Like x 2
  7. artistformerlyknownasdave

OHHHH, oh i understand now!

that would work for me, the fic i want to unleash is already on the archive as well :'D

• Like x 2
  8. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

Not awkward at all! I just went ahead and assumed that published fics were part of the thing, because I don't tend to sit on wips, and obviously everyone functions just like me, that is exactly how the world works, right? :V Yes, that was meant as an invitation that if anyone wants to offer fics up for summarizing but doesn't have writing of their own that they want to submit, they're free to harvest something from my archives.

• Like x 1
  9. Lissa Lysik'an

Lissa Lysik'an Dragon-loving Faerie

Is it 'fanfics' or 'fics'? (I don't belong to any fandom nor write stuff related to anything anyone else has done.)

10. artistformerlyknownasdave

hmm, i'd wager anything is probably good!

• Like x 2
  11. Verily

I agree with @cassikat. Don't see any reason why we shouldn't also have fics of the non-fan variety if they could also use summaries. Seems good to me!

Oooh I am crossing all my fingers and several toes hoping for a few good spoon days to play this game! :D

• Like x 2
  12. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Here's my fic. Curious to see what people might come up with!

Mind the tags on the fic, btw, they are very much there for a reason.

13. shmeed

shmeed plant me

im probs gonna publish the dog fic sometimes this week
    title: yoon bum has a good day (might go with something more serious but idk)
    summary: [train noises]

yoon bum escapes his awful abusive uncle's house and muddles through dissociative PTSD hell for a few weeks and then meets a stray dog and befriends it
    it's like 3,000 words but that might change bc i need to second draft it
    also taking title suggestions if anyone wants to offer them

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice