first post!

Discussion in 'Howdy there!' started by ang3lba3, Mar 2, 2019.

1. ang3lba3

ang3lba3 New Member

hey! I go by Evan or Evangeline. i don't really care what pronouns are used for me, but they/them are my preferred neutral ones. I'm probably nonbinary, but who really KNOWS what gender is anyways, amiright? have the usual grab bag of traumatic impoverished past combined with chronic pain, and am currently trying to elbow my way thru an Associates so i can get a 4 year degree in a field that doesn't ask for more than i can give.

i made an account here a long time ago and then never used it. I'd like to change that because I just feel vaguely and massively scared most places (the same reason i signed up then proceeded to chicken out forever). the mission statement for this site is one that i can really get behind, and that i think is important for my own personal growth. being a good person takes like a LOT of research and hard work like who knew

i've been in a lot of fandoms over the years (Homestuck, Supernatural, Teen Wolf as the most formative I'd say) and kind of just duck around reading free books for other fandoms i've never seen the source material of and building vague ideas of what the universe is like from people's headcanons and occasional wiki quieries (Motorcity, Harry Potter, technically this method made me read Homestuck). I really like to write, and help my friends create.

so anyways, yeah! excited and extremely nervous to be here, and get to know this place.

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 1
  2. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Hello!! Welcome to the forum!! Are there any particular fandoms you're bopping around in now, or are you rolling around looking for a new one?

• Agree x 1
  3. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Hey there :]

• Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  4. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

Hiya! Welcome!

• Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  5. ang3lba3

ang3lba3 New Member

Kind of a bit of both? I just bounce between all fandoms I have a passing familiarity with, but I don't have anything that's like... my one true fandom TM right now and I kind of miss having fandom friends to scream about headcanons with. I would not at all mind being introduced to a new active fandom if there's anything around with merit - i'm like 12 episodes into Steven Universe on my sister's hulu, and enjoying my boyfriend's face whenever i refuse to call Amethyst anything but "crime sister". I only posted like 2 fics last year, I feel really dried up creatively cuz i don't have anyone to commiserate with during/about fics & stuff. if there's anythign really popular on here for fanworks & friendly shouting, i'd jump on it in a second.

(note: by merit i just mean i guess like, community. i don't ever care very much about the source content so much as i do about the quality of the community when it comes to fandom. i'll make my OWN source material by darnit if i have to)

• Winner x 3
  6. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

you are definitely not wrong!

(also, the "witnessed" rating has a slightly different connotation than what you're using it for, methinks :P)

• Agree x 1
  7. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

(yeah the Witnessed rating, iirc, was inspired by mad max fury road, it's generally used in an "i have witnessed/acknoledged your suffering/the problem" kinda way)

• Agree x 2
  8. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Amethyst is absolutely Crime Sister, and welcome to Kintsugi! Hope to see you around! c:

• Agree x 2
  9. KingStarscream

If SU catches your fancy, I know the thread here definitely gets going sometimes! Amethyst is the crimiest sister, it's true. :P

• Agree x 2
  10. ang3lba3

ang3lba3 New Member

OH okay thank you @Wingyl and @Technicality for clearing up the Witnessed thing. i read the history of it in the Before You Post, but i've never seen Mad Max so I thought I'd try it in case it can mean literally 'i've seen it'. I uh, didn't really just wanna reply for a hi to my hi post, but wasn't sure how intense the scale of Witness was or what agreeing to Hi! would be like. is Agree more like an "I see this" kind of reaction then? or is it just kind of assumed i saw it?

• Like x 1
  11. KingStarscream

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I tend to use "like" as an 'acknowledged, thank you for post!' reaction since it's the default that Xenforo comes with.

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 1
  12. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Usually I would say that it would be assumed, but “Like” would probably work well if you wanted to basically just note that you’ve seen it! ^^

• Like x 1
  13. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

Howdy, hope you have a peaceable time here

• Agree x 2
  14. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

Hello, hope you enjoy yourself here

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice