Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

• Like x 1
  2. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

• Like x 2
  3. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

holy shit it does, especially in the "oh no, it's melting" part.

• Like x 1
  4. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

:D yep, that's exactly the part i was thinking of!

5. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

@Aviari
    Think about blinking. Are you blinking more or less now that you've read that.

Also, some part of you itches and you are now aware of the sensation of your clothes touching your skin.

• Like x 1
  6. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Don't think about how your fingers are resting on the keys as you type.

Also, don't think about how your toes flex when you walk.

Edit: Also the blinking one works better if you just say "Don't blink" because then it's a double trap for Whovians.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
    • Like x 1
  7. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

That reminds me of this.

They've only linked one study with ten subjects speaking two languages, but apparently it's a known thing - my mom learned about it ages ago in a book on singing/voice exercises. Also apparently keeping your tongue in the bottom of your mouth also keeps other things in the throat/mouth/jaw area relaxed and so you can sing better that way?

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  8. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

Professional singer adding a thumbs up to this.

• Like x 1
  9. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

Because I don't have curtains, and the sun likes to blast into my window starting at around 1pm, I placed my old and worn and rounded and soft wooden step ladder (fond childhood memory: reaching things beyond my reach) on one side of the room, and strung a clothesline between it and the kitchen door, from which I hung a slightly messed-up bedsheet (... superglue accident).
    The bedsheet curtain blocks light from the outside, and me from simply going to the window and to my fabric pile & clothes hampers & trash bin, but eh. I can live with that!
    Currently, there's dish towels hanging from the ladder steps, and a modified hairband (fake flowers and ribbon and butterflies), and a spool of yarn and scissors and knitting needles and
    It feels right
    The way calling myself "Kite" feels right. The way calling Yasu and Seras my sisters feels right. The way referring to myself as genderfuck feels right. The way telling my moirail I love them feels right. The way just being with my moirail feels right. The way making tea atop the tealight thingie feels right. The way having a window sill full of plants feels right. The way having glow-in-the-dark stars on the wall and ceiling next to/above my head feels right, with lines drawn between them to make constellations. The way the bed in this position feels right.
    The way a storm feels right, and snowfall, and the warm light of the setting late summer sun, and mist feel right. The way walking barefoot feels right.
    It's not a perfect off-the-shelf solution. It's one done with what I had at hand. It serves its purpose. It feels more right than I assume curtains in this apartment will ever feel.

My dream house would be a two-story one family house in a suburb, with a different house on the left side, but a garden winding from the front around the right side to the back, natural stepping stones with grass growing between them, the garden overgrown with herbs, maybe some vegetables in the back, a fruit tree. The walls of the house overgrown with ivy and the roof with moss.
    Inside, dark and worn and used and rounded and soft wood, creaking, potted herbs on the window sills and hanging from the ceiling, and colourful tea light holders, things stored in apothecary bottles and old-looking books, many things, useful and beautiful alike, a creaking and winding stair case.
    Wind chimes. Crystal wells.
    Wood and iron and cotton.
    Curling up with a mug of hot tea or chocolate after a long day.

• Like x 13
  10. IndigoRiffRaff

IndigoRiffRaff FACE GOD AND WALK BACKWARDS INTO HELL

My grandma caught what is probably a moth (she called it a butterfly) that was on the side of her toolshed and put it in a jar and sent me a picture (my phone is not meant for looking at pictures so I can only see a very small version of it) and asked if she should bring it with her when we go to lunch so I can see it or if she should let it go. Grandma no. Do not bring a moth to lunch. grandma why. I appreciate the thought, I do like looking at cool bugs, but no.

• Like x 2
  11. bioluminiscence

bioluminiscence probably not a sword?

Does anyone know about like. A secret group that's very very secret and their main purpose and goal is making the world a better place for everyone and if there's no group like that. Does anyone want to start it

• Like x 1
  12. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

....the Illuminati??

or there's https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cicada_3301 but they don't sound very nice aside from the cool puzzles

edit: unfortunately most historical secret societies seem to be full of assholes

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    • Like x 3
  13. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Masons? I don't know how secret they are exactly but they do focus on good works

14. oph

oph There was a user here, but it's gone now

[​IMG]
    OH MY GOD IT'S BEAUTIFUL

(note that "clothing preference" doesn't limit your options at all, it only chooses which category the clothes open to by default)

I am so happy, this is amazing.

• Like x 11
  15. oph

oph There was a user here, but it's gone now

That male/female option at the top controls two things, from what I can tell:
    1) Whether the sim has boobies or a masculine chest (female characters can have small boobies but nevertheless always have boobies)
    2) Pronouns

This is nonoptimal. I can see why it happened, but hopefully either EA does another patch or someone mods up a pronoun switcher. As it is my flat-chested but female character is getting misgendered all over the place and that makes me :/

• Like x 1
  16. bioluminiscence

bioluminiscence probably not a sword?

I know about les UX, which is a really cool group but they're situated in France and also largely unknown (but generally anything findable about them makes me go :DDDD and I'm glad for their existence)

17. IndigoRiffRaff

IndigoRiffRaff FACE GOD AND WALK BACKWARDS INTO HELL

So I do this thing where if someone says something like "bigass/big-ass (insert noun here)", just for funsies I always try attaching "ass" to the noun instead of "big", so that it's a "big ass(noun)" instead
    and so my partner was infodumping about a video game or something? (most of the time I have no fucking clue what they're talking about when they do that but they're cute and I love them) and said something about having a "bigass weapon" and I had to stop them and remind them that I do that thing and therefore: big ass-weapon. I giggled about it for at least a solid minute. ass-weapon. Of course I have a sophisticated sense of humor, why on earth would anyone question that? :P

• Like x 3
  18. SpruceZeus

SpruceZeus 2 spoopy 2 live, 2 creppy 2 die

• Like x 1
  19. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

• Like x 1
  20. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice