Flarping? Character Jamming

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Mendacity, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Mendacity

Mendacity I’m meaner than my demons

(I hope this thread is in the right spot)
    So in a certain thread I realized that I really want to get into rping on Flarping.

The problem is I love so many HS characters and I don't particularly want to bring my fantroll out of hiding... Though I might if I have a good time with a canon on Flarping.

But yeah, this thread is sort of intended for character jamming together. Working out characters, talking about them, freaking out over rp, and all that!

I have an obsession with 'strange' and 'odd' characters, I mean I'm a furry so what's new but... I like 'hybrids' as we use to call them in the TF2 comm. I love sea based too, which leads me to eyeing Cronus a bit... However, I love a certain family of red-blooded assholes.

So it lead me to kankri. I've already done a BUNCH of Karkat rp with my S/O (who plays Dave. Our rp isn't exact to canon or anything, his Dave is 'bird dave' as in davesprite got shoved into a human body that's a bit different than normal human's when my God Tier Karkat and him got shoved out of the game into our world. Long story.)

But YEAH
    I
    Want to rp but I want to rp Kankri but maybe a something and
    I want to hear about your characters and stuff!!! So I can maybe have ideas!!!

2. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

I have Nemain Feanan on there! She is a very silly ceruleanblood with a crow theme and a love of puns - in fact she once got into a pun exchange with @Elusca Pontop !

• Like x 1
  3. Mendacity

Omg that's really cool @KarrinBlue !

Quietly wonders if I can get my S/O on there.

4. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

A Kankri you say? I find myself intrigued because the few Kankris we've had there don't stick around long. Part of it seems to be that people just find him very stressful to maintain. Which makes me sad because I play Porrim. A few Porrims.

On flarping I play both of the Gangland Porrims, as well as the Gangland Dolorosa, Mom, Horuss, and Clover (who is evil and the worst thing in the setting). I also play yet another Porrim who hasn't been touched in a while because I just...Don't have anything to do with her? And two additional Porrims who also haven't been touched for a while. These two being bloodswaps.

DID I MENTION I PLAY PORRIM????

Also Marcus/Marcia who's one of the OCs in the gangland! setting.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  5. Mendacity

@Aondeug Yeah a Kankri, I'd play a Karkat but I know a lot exist and also sometimes my S/O and I joke that I'm literally Karkat IRL. I am loud and angry all the time, that is me.

I could see Kankri being a pain in the ass to play, but I like really difficult characters. Part of what's got me inspired are things like feralstuck??? I guess??? Not really but sort-of. Like that prawn!cronus and stuff.

Which makes me want to do something like that with Kankri, giving him even more things to bitch about.

6. Aondeug

Ahh. We do have a lot of Karkats yeah though not nearly as many of them as there are Striders. TOO MANY STRIDERS. ARGH.

Something like prawn!cronus with Kankri would be interesting to see. Or just Kankri. There are so few Kankris and it makes me sad. Porrim's primary fussing targets have had to be Dave and Vriska and not Kankri and this is a crime. A CRIME.

• Like x 1
  7. i rp a pre and a post helm psiioniic, and have a semi-neglected account for a really dickish rogue helm with identity issues named chiroh! (ISS Nighthowler on a bad day)
    hi my name is tA and i like helmsmen

and yeah, there are so few kankris on the site that you could get away w/ playing him straight if you wanted. there are also some sitewide events that a lot of people take part of, speciesswaps and ancestor week and stuff, that you can do if you want a change of pace

• Like x 1
  8. Aondeug

Also is this where I pimp gangland because if so can I interest you in the wonder of AUs. Specifically gangland.

• Like x 1
  9. Mendacity

10. Aondeug

Ok so gangland is an AU that's mostly played over flarping though occasionally we do stuff in IRC. Gangland's an alternate history setting wherein the question is "What would happen if magic was real?" Basically the world is filled with shifting flows of magic which have stood out during certain eras more and which concentrate in certain areas more. Currently people are living in a high magic age and have been for a while, which has stunted the technological development of all but the low magic nations such as Britain. Just like how the land itself can be inherently magical there are people born with a sort of natural magical aptitude called talent. These people are the talentborn. The vast majority of gangland takes place in the city of Chicago which is heralded as a sort of safe haven for the talentborn in the US. It is a city run by gangs and in which dimension hopping fairy wars are fought on occasion.

Currently we're in the midst of a gang war that was kicked off by the son of the Mobster Kingpin. Before this there was a demon war in the South and the vampire Count Scratch von Scourge is always looming in the background to be a creepy dickhole when the chance arises.

And here is the current roster as it stands.

My favorite thing about the setting is that while it's certainly defined enough to just stay as it is players are free to add to it or flesh certain things out within reason. I'm basically the one behind anything dealing with the setting's Ireland and Fair Folk, for example, while a friend of mine is the mastermind behind Romania and vampire politics.

I will say though that we've been a bit slow as of late and that the tone of gangland is not everyone's bag of chips. While we're not always having world ending hell events said world ending hell events do occur and often they linger for a bit. The current gang war thing has been going on for a few weeks now. Also I feel that Scratch in the setting definitely needs trigger warnings. Basically he's Scratch except now a vampire instead of a puppet.

He's a creep to some of the various female characters in the setting (Porrim being the main target of his creepiness usually), and has a liking for "adopting" (murders families and "graciously" takes in the orphans) girls to raise into vampires. He's very emotionally abusive to the girls he does tutor, even after said girls escape his clutches. He's passive aggressively threatened to murder Porrim over not attending a tea party to talk about him visiting with her sister for example. As well as berating her for being rude or stupid even though he was, for all intents and purposes, her father figure for years. While he doesn't show up a lot it is definitely a thing that not everyone is going to have fun with and it is part of the setting and plot.

11. Mendacity

hoLY SHIT
    THAT'S REALLY COOL

HOLY

12. Aondeug

For more fun the United States has weirdly anachronistic tech. The native tech is stuck pretty firmly in the 40's and what they get from overseas can be described as MAGICAL STEAM PUNK I guess. Computers don't exist but mechanical babbage engines do, as does the telenet.

On a silly note the NES only came out in 2015 and its killer app is the acclaimed platformer Super Luigi Bros.

• Like x 2
  13. Mendacity

My S/O has shown SOME interest and that makes me super happ
    Still not 100% on what to do yet, I'm heavily leaning towards Kankri. This has me thinking a few options:
    • Just the Kank. I have Weird Troll Headcanons especially relating to Kankri / Karkat blood colors so there's that. (Possibly God Tier)
    • Species swap Kankri or Blood swap Kankri
    • Feralstuck style Kankri (probably not to-wrote Feralstuck, my own spin on things).
    • Dragonstuck Kankri (Full dragon or possibly dragonoid)
    • 'Hybrid' style shit. Like, lower half something upper half normal troll.
    These would also go for Karkat as well if I go fall into my usual way of things. (AS A NOTE I LOVE FUCHSIA KARKAT)

So, with that I'll list characters I'm considering:
    • Karkat (my love, my soul, my self)
    • Eridan or Cronus
    • Feferi (Played with an idea of trans*masc Fef who starts going by male pronouns ect. Probably not going to rp it though, might write a fic)
    WHEW

Dragonstuck is really calling my name though

• Like x 1
  14. Mendacity

I love this kind of stuff so much

also omFg
    do they have to deal with 'Genisis does what nintendon't'?

15. Aondeug

Yes. Sega also becomes the equivalent of our Sony while Sony takes over Sega's roll of being fucked. So instead of the playstation succeeding the setting's Sega mega cd is what makes people go ?!?!?!?!?!?!

16. Mendacity

HMMM I'm thinking Karkat, Sollux, or Eridan now though. Mostly because my S/O is showing interest and Kankri is far from their favorite character

>:\ HM

17. Aondeug

You could play both characters? Making multiple accounts is allowed. Also gives you a nice sort of break from certain headspaces which is nice. Especially if one character gets caught up in some deep shit. Granted account juggling isn't for everyone.

• Like x 1
  18. Mendacity

Yeah, I am really leaning toward Tyrian karkat, naga karkat, naga eridan, or fishy eridan along with doing a Kankri

Mleh

19. Aondeug

Go fucking nuts. Especially if bloodswap. I love bloodswaps a lot. I have a few myself though I haven't used them in a while.

• Like x 1
  20. Mendacity

Decision has been made.
    I'm making a Kankri

and with my S/O I'm making a yellow blood fantroll. So that I can get use to the format and get myself back into the groove of things.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice