fucking up important deadlines wheee~~~

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Ben, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Ben

Ben Not entirely unlike a dragon

I needed a C in a math class I took an incomplete in, and would have gotten that had I not filed for an incomplete. Thing is, I screwed up a deadline for student work submission by a month, so the late work I did might not even count for anything, and I think I'm going to end up with a C- in the class bc of this. (Class was 50% exams, 50% homework. I turned in about half the homework. Logically that should make like, a 72%, right?)

The OG prof is on sabbatical, and I don't know the department chair as well, and he's also my current prof.

Tomorrow is the deadline for profs editing Incomplete grades, so I'm going to try to appeal to his sense of charity, although I did talk to him today and he was rather kind about it. As in, he could have been reassuring me to reassure me... but he could also have just not wanted to deal with a student having a meltdown bc he also has some sort of anxiety thing.

I was so excited about getting to do a double major in math, but if this goes under not only will I not be able to, every single grad school ever will know what happened from my transcript...

what do I even.

• Witnessed x 2
  2. Ben

Ben Not entirely unlike a dragon

Good news: everything has been sorted out. I forgot that OG prof is on sabattical in Houston, and while he's totally fine, has not had consistent access to communication, and was already inclined to go 'eh, kid did good enough.' Also, apparently I come across as a hard-working, dependable, and honest person, albeit extremely scatterbrained. My new prof is really sympathetic, and straight-up told me sleeping normally is more important than turning in hw exactly on time!!!

So, if you're feeling anxious about something... worst-case scenario is not always the true end result, I guess.

• Winner x 6
  3. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

This is very true, and something most of us tend to forget, I think :P

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice