GAME GRUMPS THREAD SHOW OFF UR GREP

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Rina, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Rina

Rina New Member

Because I am game grumps trash, I would also like to meet others on here who are as trash as I am!

AU discussions are highly welcome, because I also want to meet grump au trash like me. Just keep shipping to things that are considered "canon" (Suzy/arin and holly/Ross) because some people might not be comfortable with RL shipping.

• Like x 2
  2. Socratease

Socratease Well-Known Member

I like grumps

and not-so-grumps

(I really like the Game Grumps)

• Like x 2
  3. garden

garden lucid dreamer

I only occasionally watch game grumps, but I should really watch them more because they are hilarious.

4. Dischordian

Dischordian The Original Freak-Machine

I watch some game grumps - I veer between liking them a lot and getting deeply frustrated with them (mostly with Arin).

The Shadow The Hedgehog playthrough is perfection though.

• Like x 1
  5. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

Motherfucking Jessie Eisenberg.
    *solemn nod*

• Like x 3
  6. paintcat

paintcat Let the voice of love take you higher

I have the worst crush on Danny Avidan. The actual worst. He just seems so nice and laid-back about stuff, and he tells great stories.
    I love the animated videos because people have fun ways of portraying the video game action along with the Grumps themselves. I just love cartoons, really :D And friends laughing together.

Arin strikes me as childish! He gets so frustrated about little things, it's ridiculous sometimes. Like, calm down Arin, adult men throwing tantrums is old hat.
    I might just have to take a look at that Shadow playthrough...

7. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

Same.

• Like x 3
  8. paintcat

@KathyGaele *fist bunp of shame*
    Crushes are weird. Crushes on mildly internet famous people are weirder.

• Like x 1
  9. Dischordian

Yeah, that's part of the reason he annoys me. Plus that whole "doesn't believe that tutorials should ever be a thing and all gameplay should be self-evident without explaination" thing. So he ignores tutorials. Then gets mad when he doesn't know what to do. I mean rly :-T

Danny is great though. I don't think there's a person alive who doesn't crush on him tbh.

10. paintcat

Whaaaaat! I mean, there are good and bad ways to teach people how to play your game. There's room for nuance here. And there is totally something to be said for intuitive controls, and interweaving tutorial seamlessly and unobtrusively into gameplay, but those are hard things to do!
    Maybe it's just him trying to stay within the bounds of his role as "grump"?

11. Dischordian

Eh, he's made his views pretty clear outside of game grump related stuff that he thinks gaming should be self evident, always (there's a video somewhere of him gushing about a Megaman game to this effect). Some of the things that annoy me are definitely just the grump persona, some of it, ehhhhhhn. There's being critical and there's deliberately making things so a game seems bad because you don't like it (which he's also kind of prone to doing).

BUT YES I DO ACTUALLY LIKE GG FOR THE MOST PART even if I don't sound like it :P I just mostly prefer Danny.

• Like x 1
  12. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

I just saw the prettiest photoset of Suzy *0* she has such a nice voice, I wish she was in more GG videos. and her Christmas cooking videos were adorable especially

(... here, in case anyone's curious)

13. Derpyteacakes

Derpyteacakes Thread Hermit

I love game grumps! the mario sunshine series is one of my faves but everything they put out is gold

14. missoyashirou

missoyashirou Someone please give me a tiny dog to play with

I will admit, I like Arin a lot mostly because of his tantrums. But it's typically because they're just so bizarre and memorable that I have to enjoy them. Anyone can yell at a video game, but not many can go into a improvised song about the importance of voting, in an attempt to stop gerrymandering politicians, because they're just so angry about a broken video game. I just wish he'd actually pay attention to what he needs to do in games he hasn't played before, because it's really frustrating watching bypass obvious cues.

That being said, Danny. 100% cute, and 100% easygoing, and a lot of fun. And I am very happy they went back to their Endless Ocean 2 gameplay.

• Like x 3
  15. Valenorn

Valenorn Praise the Commonwealth

Game Grumps are so fun. I am literally binge watching the Sonic '06 for the second time. So many good memories. I miss Jon.

16. Aniseed

Aniseed Well-Known Member

I mostly love game grumps. i actually find them a bit more enjoyable to listen to vs actually watching sometimes, because i can occasionally get frustrated at them lol.

i've mostly just been keeping up with new stuff they've been putting out and ocarina of time has been pretty funny so far. mario maker is consistently hilarious. though i am currently watching through sonic adventure dx... the froggy rage is real (and hilarious)

• Like x 1
  17. Valenorn

Valenorn Praise the Commonwealth

It's so wier
    d listening to Arin shout froggy. I amused toi him swearing, but saying froggy makes him seem childish.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice