General CAT-ter (The Beanery)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Saro, Jun 12, 2017.

1. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 2
  2. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

• Winner x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
  3. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

• Winner x 7
  4. Everett

Also

• Winner x 8
  5. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

The polite cat asking to be pet reminds me of how our cat used to sit on the ironing board and take a swat at your butt as you went by to indicate she wanted to be scritched.

She is. not the most polite cat. But I love her very much anyway.

• Winner x 8
  6. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

when hermes decides it's Hermes Time he just climbs onto my lap and sprawls up my chest, with his butt on my leg and his ginormous paws on my shoulders. i'm allowed to watch tv while i pet him, but if i try to computer or play a video game that is Not Permitted and he'll body-block it. it's a good thing maine coons are so gentle, because they could kick our asses if they wanted to. :P

• Agree x 3
    • Winner x 3
  7. Everett

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  8. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I have a very photogenic kitty

pretty_guus.jpg

• Agree x 8
    • Winner x 5
    • Like x 1
  9. Everett

tiger tail ice cream friend

10. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

tall boy (current boyfriend) was telling me about his old cat Stony, an outdoor cat who lived to be 18 years old and was the bane of squirrels, mice, rabbits, birds, chipmunks, and all other small suburban wildlife. (real talk, keep your cats inside. they're environmental disasters) He stayed outside year round and was anywhere from 18 to 25 pounds of lean muscle, foul temper, and sharp teeth, depending on the time of year and how good the hunting was.

And apparently he had the squeakiest little voice of any cat tall boy has ever heard.

• Winner x 6
  11. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

hermes is very much not an outdoor cat -- on the occasions he's left the house under his own power, he immediately sits under a shrub and complains until i come get him -- but he looooooves the porch. it is where he can smell the breeze and sing to the squirrels. last couple years he's had a squirrelfriend who would hang out on the linden tree's trunk at porch level and chitter back at him, it was cute. idk if the squirrel will still be around this year, i hope it will.

anyhow, the other night we had some windows open for a while due to a carbon monoxide scare (long story, furnace guy fixed it for free and we're ok) and he was reminded that fresh air exists, so he was begging to go on the porch. i figured it'd be fine to let him find out for himself that it was pouring slurpee out there and the porch was a soggy mess. but apparently he was feeling as pent-up as i've been feeling, because he immediately went to his favorite corner and started trilling for his squirrelfriend, even though it was like 10pm.

i left him to it and watched tv until i heard him meow to get back in, quite some time later. minnesota slush season is no match for a maine coon's fluff, apparently.

of course he promptly tried to get up on my lap with his frozen wet paws. :P

• Winner x 11
    • Like x 2
  12. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

[​IMG]
    Cat double bothering

• Winner x 10
  13. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

the rare and difficult 2x smooch combo

• Agree x 5
  14. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Turns out I have another pretty, photogenic kitty

pretty_cato.jpg

• Winner x 13
    • Like x 2
  15. Everett

:00 such a sweet face... eyeliner on bottom lids only, very dramatic

• Agree x 9
  16. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I have a Boo story from earlier today.

I've been eating a lot of fried eggs recently because they're a low-spoon food for me. Today I made an egg and went back to bed with my laptop to eat it so I could get my extra fifteen minutes of doze and still have breakfast. Boo followed me around the entire time because that's what cats do. The other thing cats do is lie on warm things, and the egg was very warm. The egg was also very runny and popped when she lay on it. I didn't notice until I pet her and her fur was stiff that she had rolled around in egg yolk for, like, a while. At least thirty seconds of egg roll until I paid attention to her and not the distraction machine.

That was at noon. It's about midnight now and she still has a little bit of egg in her fur.

• Witnessed x 8
    • Winner x 4
  17. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

It became a furr-ied egg

• Agree x 6
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  18. That’s hilarious

• Like x 1
  19. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

• Winner x 7
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  20. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice