General CAT-ter (The Beanery)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Saro, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Gardening Kitty!

(Thanks to my sis for sending this to me and making my day)

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 2
  2. soulsuckingisaacnewton

soulsuckingisaacnewton strange fuzzy creature

• Winner x 6
    • Informative x 3
    • Like x 2
  3. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Thank you for this vital information

• Agree x 8
  4. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

• Winner x 7
    • Agree x 2
  5. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

• Agree x 4
  6. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

[​IMG]

cat bothering

• Winner x 13
    • Like x 2
  7. cleverThylacine

excellent cat.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  8. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Your hair is lovely! Your cat is too

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 1
  9. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

hmm, any tips for how to get a V. Shy Floof Catte to be more comfortable around me? She mostly lives in one of my roommates' rooms since she's frighten of the other two cats, and if I enter a room she's in she either flees to her Safe Space in the closet or, if I'm verrry slow and sneaky, will allow me to approach and gently give her chin scritches for varying amounts of time. Today, since she was released to the larger section of the house (all three cats are kept separate from each other on account of one is an asshole, one is Frighten Catte, and the third would just get hit by Asshole or scare Frighten Catte). On a whim I left my door open and she came exploring and sniffed around my room for a while while I sat very still, didn't look at her as she crept around my field of vision and quietly typed on my computer, but the moment I even slightly shifted position on my bed she was like 'nah' and zipped away :C

Anything I can do to help ease the process, or should I just proceed as before?

• Witnessed x 3
  10. cleverThylacine

Do you ever watch "My Cat From Hell?" Watching Jackson Galaxy should give you some good ideas, he deals with shy and frighten cattes a lot.

Part of the problem is, of course, the relationship issues between the cats.

I would suggest having whatever sort of food she likes around and also doing slow-blinks rather than not looking at her, maybe...?

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  11. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

Sitting at floor level/layng on the ground and letting catte come to you is also good!

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  12. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Also doing something that isn't Paying Attention to the cat, after you've greeted her with slow blinks. Play around on your phone or read a book or something. Less intimidating, and interrupting a human is known to be irresistible :P (that's a joke but apparently it does help?)

• Agree x 3
    • Informative x 2
  13. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I attracted my husband's family's shy cat by being quiet in his vicinity and knitting. He loves string, so he was enticed by the yarn and came over to sit at my feet and tried to play with it. I was being quiet, not making sudden movements, and also interacting with him in a way that he enjoyed. He is now much less shy, even with people who aren't me!

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Informative x 1
  14. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

bacb9c78-2fdb-4ff4-91a8-4acf5dec3c16.jpg
    they protect the potats

• Winner x 10
    • Agree x 8
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  15. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

• Winner x 6
  16. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

• Winner x 4
    • Agree x 2
  17. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

• Agree x 7
  18. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

first of here is A Motherfucker

[​IMG]

observe how perfectly he perches directly on top of the instructions. observe his 'what u gonna do about it' stare at my roomie taking the picture. WHAT AN ASSHOLE.

also

Any bright ideas about how to stop a cat (not this one, one of the others in the house) from pooping under my roommate's desk? Mind, 90% of the time she goes in the box just fine, but at least once every few days? poop. under her desk. And ONLY her desk, her brother's desk is in the same room. Hell, back at their old apartment, cat ALSO pooped under her desk there too. Surely there's gotta be some kind of deterrent or psychology to apply?

• Winner x 9
    • Like x 1
  19. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Pick up kitty and apply punitive hugs.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Useful x 1
  20. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

IMG_20180314_182443172.jpg

She streeetch

• Agree x 7
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice