GNU (Discworld and general PTerry appreciation thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Kay5, May 25, 2019.

1. Kay5

Kay5 the most glorious spoon

Couldn't find any specific Discworld threads, and as it's the glorious 25th of May, I figured I'd start one.

Tell me your stories of how you discovered Terry Pratchett's work, and potentially how they've changed your lives!

My first Discworld book was Sourcery, I picked it up from the school library when I was 15 after adamantly ignoring the series for years (thanks for that, Josh Kirby). I wasn't sure if I liked it or not until I got to the bottom of page three and encountered the phrase "A seagull went past backwards" and I burst into laughter.

Years later, and my partner and I are moving into our own apartment together next week, after becoming close friends while sobbing over Shepherd's Crown (which we still are yet to finish).

So thank you, Sir PTerry, you shaped my life into something much better than it could have been.

2. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

3. Kay5

Kay5 the most glorious spoon

Ah heck, completely missed that one, sorry

I'm tempted to delete this thread then, but I suppose there's a helluva lot of other stuff PTerry's done apart from Discworld

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice