Good Meowning.

Discussion in 'Howdy there!' started by Codeless, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I´m Cody, and I have been haunting Seebses (Seebs´? Seebs your name is not grammar friendly,) inbox for a while now. As you can see, I am fond of catpuns. I also sometimes speak cat. No, I don´t think that I AM a cat, cat is just easier than englisch sometimes.

I met Seebs by way of Homestuck. No, hear me out. First, I ran across The Rule of Transformating by Jesse, and followed him on tumblr to get updates. Then he posted a question about autistic/allistic experience and I responded still thinking I was allistic. This lead to the realization that I´m probably not, with help from Seebs. Whereupon I probably proved them right by reading my way through Jesses entire autism tag, and most of Seebses blog. This lead to me starting to talk to seebs about stuff, and now here I am.

I am probably autistic, definitely have social skills issues. If you want to bring something to my atention, you have to actually come out and say it, subtext is hard. There´s a whole laundry list of brainweasels floating around my head but I am not 100% sure of any of them because said brainweasels prevent me from getting to a professional. This post will have spelling errors, this is because spelling and I are not friends.

On a lighter note, I will hand out internet hugs and cat gifs to all in need and am partically presonsible for seebs and co´s sparkly nails. Mwahahaha!
    I draw, rolepurrlay, and nerd out about fashion, nails, makeup (victorian to modern day), and victorian etiquette. I live on tea.

In conclusion, I am actually real life Nepeta. (No really, I´m even a leo. It´s uncanny.)
    PS: Bits and bobs of info may be missing from here, may be added downthread.
    #introduction post, #actuallynepeta

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
    • Like x 1
  2. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

*leo fistbump!*

it's cool reading about the route you took to get here. i find that kind of thing fascinating.

3. novelDaydreamer

novelDaydreamer Not Appearing In This Avatar

I found Seebs the exact same way! Homestuck, to RoT, to Jesse, to "Who is this person he's always reblogging from?" to Seebs.

4. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

I've no idea how I found Seebs, but I seem to follow several people on Tumblr who follow them and I've also seen them post on Making Light, so from one of those I think.

5. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

I think I stumbled across Luka's tumblr somehow, then read the entire archive, and found the rest of you that way.

6. Helen of Boy

Helen of Boy Hugcrafter Pursuivant

I definitely found Seebs via Homestuck, but I'm wondering if it might've been more Homestuck > Roachpatrol > ??? > Seebs. I know I followed Jesse from Seebs' blog, not before.

I think it was a case of "these people show up a lot in all of these good posts saying good things, I should follow them". Suuuper glad I did.

(Also, greetings! What sorts of fashion interest you, modern stuff or older or all of it? I know next to nothing, but I got to go to a great museum in Bath, England all about how clothing changed there over time and I've been vaguely-interested ever since, even if I'm bad at it.)

7. kmoss

kmoss whoops

I definitely found seebs through jesse's tumblr.
    but the route it took to get there was ridiculous.
    I used to read metanoia all the time, and then a year or something later, I found a really cool homestuck fanfiction (Which actually may have been Rule of Transformation too) and ended up following jesse on tumblr. And then I went back to metanoia for a reread, and linked from there to jesse's original fic....at which point I realized that all of these jumpingjacks and jesses were actually all the same person. Which was a great day.

(ALSO welcome! And thank you for being semi-responsible for all of the nail polish posts I see on tumblr. A+)

• Like x 1
  8. rorleuaisen

rorleuaisen Frozen Dreamer

So! I started reading Luka's webcomic since a decade-ish ago. Started following Brainbent to get my Luka fix when he stopped updating. Got a tumblr account about a year ago and hunted down my favorite webcomic artists, and discovered Seebs through him.

• Like x 1
  9. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

Yeah, echoing the general "because homestuck fandom happened" in here, though at this point I honestly can't remember if it was Jesse or Luka that I found first. Probably Jesse, I was big in the Johnkats when GVGH was a thing.

10. soulsuckingisaacnewton

soulsuckingisaacnewton strange fuzzy creature

I'm pretty sure I went Jesse's fanfic on AO3 > Jesse's tumblr > Seebs' tumblr, but I think in my case the specific fanfic involved was a Night Vale one.

11. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

@jacktrash: *must not not fangirl, nor pouncegreet jesse, it might startle him* I like your writing as you may have guessed.

@Helen of Boy: I Mostly go for western Victorian to modern day, with some sidetrips to historical china and japan. I do in fact own actual corsets. Not very good ones cause those start in the triple digits, but I own some.

• Like x 1
  12. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

text pouncegreets are fine. :D

• Like x 1
  13. bramblepatch

bramblepatch ground/water dualtype

Oh, what brands/styles? I keep meaning to get more into fashion corsetry but, well. what is disposable income. is it a food. can I eat it. (I do have an underbust cincher from Damsel in This Dress that I picked up a few years ago when I was significantly more steampunk than I am now)

14. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Yay!
    Also I did warn of things to be added because I furgot: Purrnouns are anything but she and it. Yes, even the ones with letters from the arse end of the alphabet. You have to conjugate them, not me. I may pick a purrfured pronoun when I know wtf my gender actually is, but for now it´s all open.

@bramblepatch: I have an underbust from Burlesk and a half bust from Creation de Hanninger. The reason I have only aquired these two, years apart, is that I haven´t solved this mystery of disposable income either. (I´m pretty sure it´s a bug though.)

#bug not a feature, #tw: catpuns

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  15. wes scripserat

wes scripserat Hephaestus

found seebs because bel capricorn said they were an awesome source of information/advice.
    so i wandered around for a while and eventually became a thing anon.
    and now i am here.

ooh victorian things!
    not so into make up but i find the etiquette sorta interesting because i'm really into men's fashion/general upper class society.

16. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I have many many links to 19th century etiquette books you can read online for free. The best thing is that it´s scans, so you can see what the actual typing and spelling is like.

• Like x 1
  17. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

I found seebs through vastderp, which is basically how I found everything on tumblr. I found vastderp, uh. No actual clue. Probably through fanfic? Cause I started reading Kagerou after I'd been reading through his blog.

18. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

For me it was Homestuck fandom --> Brainbent (as one of my first fics, come to think of it) --> Luka --> Jesse and his fic --> Seebs because he posts interesting stuffs and also autism/brain things and then I stayed for that plus abuse survivor.

Also high fives for spelling errors. Spellcheck is a wonderful, beautiful thing and the only thing that got me over my aversion of change to finally switch from IE to FF (I've since switched to Chrome because syncing wasn't a thing on FF at the time of swtich).

(I was gonna put Roach up there with Jesse, but I realized that I found Roach's fic in a different way.)

19. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

'cause of homestuck here too

20. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

I clearly am in the total minority here having never consumed any Homestuck.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice