gremlin extraordinaire

Discussion in 'Howdy there!' started by bushwah, Jul 4, 2019.

1. bushwah

bushwah a known rule consequentialist

my name is bushwah. i left my gender at home today. i'm lonely and irritable and i want friends a lot but i like to think i can still respect a boundary at my advanced age. i left my age at home too; i'm at least 18, the age of majority in the republic of internet, and that's all i have to say about that. i write fanfictions on the ao3 and blog type posts on dreamwidth. (yes, my entire dw is marked nsfw; yes, i recognize that this is inconvenient for lots of people; no, i'm not planning to change it.)

due to shenanigans too intricate to recount at this place and time, i'm in the process of figuring out how to socialize outside the kink community. i know how not to randomly start scening but i'm not so good at like, telling which parts of kink negotiation i shouldn't do with strangers? if any adults 18+ that aren't repulsed by discussions of kink would be interested in talking about that (or anything else tbh), i'd love to be able to let my hair down. like i've done a lot of "hiding from everyone except my partners" and i don't think that's healthy but idk how to find friends who aren't partners but can handle the fact that kink is going to come up when i'm talking about my life unless i specifically make an effort to avoid it.

i also have an exciting set of mental and physical health issues which i'm sure will come up at some point... so why spoil them now? what triggers them is often internal and the parts that aren't vary widely from relationship to relationship, so i figure if anything i'll end up accumulating individual lists rather than one central one. i can say that it's highly unlikely that discussions of upsetting abuse stuff is going to trigger me; i find large-scale real life tragedies upsetting, but interpersonal ones, not really.

so anyway that's me! further inquiries welcome. questions i don't want to answer may be met with hissing

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    • Like x 4
  2. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Welcome to Kintsugi! Feel free to ask questions if you have any!

Also, there’s lots of kink discussion in Bottom Serket. c:

• Like x 1
  3. bushwah

Is there like, a sitemap? I lurked for quite a while before joining and I am not actually certain I ever saw Bottom Serket referenced. By contrast, I was aware of the existence of the Holler Closet, the Caring Void, TCHGB, and ITA, none of which are publicly available. I'm really starting to wonder what else I'm missing. Still haven't found the Void either. I found a mod named Void, but I think the Caring Void only has seebs in it anyway.

4. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

Hi!

Bottom Serket is a subforum in top Serket. I don’t think there’s a sitemap anywhere - on the one hand it’d be useful and on the other if it’s publicly accessible it sort of goes against the point of the private forums.

5. Vierran

Vierran small and sharp

Welcome!

The Howling into the Caring Void subforum is in the Mad Science section. It is viewable by all mods, and things you post there are viewable by you. There's a list of subforums in the FAQ and Glossary thread that may be helpful for navigation.

6. bushwah

If I want somebody to conversate with me where do I ask

7. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Kind of depends? If you're looking for support, there's the "I Need Support" thread. Otherwise, there're lots of threads for all sorts of stuff that you can talk in (creative stuff in Make It So, fandom and fandom-adjacent discussion in Fan Town, lots of miscellany in General Chatter, etc.) You could look for a topic you're interested in or make a thread about something there. More serious discussion of gender or abuse or brainweird might go in XX/XY, Is This Abuse? or Brains (however many A's and I's it has).

If you want to invite people into your own space, a thread in Bijou Blogette would probably be your best bet - they're kind of mini-blogs or really whatever you want them to be and are often spaces for friendly interactions on the OP's terms. But of course no one is obligated to interact with you there, so you might not get many/any responses. Kind of depends what you post and how you interact with other people on the forum.

Other than that, there isn't really a "Please talk with me" kind of space that I can think of.

8. bushwah

I get really lonely and in the past sometimes I've started shit for attention. I try not to do that anymore but I still like to know the right place to find other lonely people. I...

...oh hang on if I get lonely enough to wanna start shit I can ramble about that in the Caring Void, huh? I think the mods are capable of dealing with poorly phrased requests for attention. Is that a thing that's appropriate to do?

9. rigel

rigel in a line of late afternoon sun

yup! you can certainly post in the caring void for attention if you need it!

that said, welcome! if you have any questions, feel free to ask, even if it feels silly! a lot of people here are more than happy to help out.

eta: as well, the closest thing to a forum glossary is in this thread here! i hope that helps somewhat? i know it can be a bit difficult to grasp what the forums are for, at first.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice