Guiding principles that we can all agree on: in simple bullet-point form.

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by evilas, Mar 3, 2017.

1. evilas

evilas Sure, I'll put a custom title here

1. Everyone who is not an annoying spambot is welcome here.
    2. Even if someone has repeatedly done very harmful things in the recent past, they are still welcome here. No matter what you do, you will not be forcefully kicked out.
    3. If you want to ignore people for your own wellbeing, that is always acceptable, no matter the circumstance. Take care of yourself first, always.
    4. If someone causes problems then those problems will be individually handled by administrative actions. Such actions may include: put on moderation queue, removal of PM privileges, regulation of subaccounts, but most importantly, individual conversations where the people who caused the problems can be helped to get better.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    • Like x 39
  2. Xavius Emeritus

Xavius Emeritus Suit Monkey

Chiming in to say that I was in support of this thread. I feel like this is all said elsewhere but it's nice to have in handy, bulleted form all in one place, said simply so that people can wrap their minds around something other than huge chunks of text. I think Evilas' wording puts the forum's general guidelines into a neat basket without bias or hostility. Thanks a ton for this.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    • Like x 12
  3. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

Excellently put, thank you very much for this. Adding personal support for this to become a Official Meta Forum Post

• Like x 10
  4. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

this is BLATANT spambotphobia :pitchforks:

/s

• Like x 16
  5. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

I would also support this very handily worded post being part of official Kintsugi guidelines. Thank you @evilas for your work on this.

• Like x 4
  6. AbsenteeLandLady124

AbsenteeLandLady124 Well-Known Member

Capture.PNG
    thank you for that FL that made me laugh really hard and reminded me of my fave, and I needed that

• Like x 11
  7. A Horse

A Horse Active Member

I'll see you in court

• Like x 21
  8. evilas

This is exactly why I love this forum :D

• Like x 9
  9. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

I am a staunch advocate for Bot Rights and will support you pro-bono with my non-existent legal experience xD

• Like x 7
  10. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

Quieten slightly, all. Minimise shitpost.

I will say, however, that OP (thanks, @evilas!) is correct in that those are mod positions. Some of them have been lost in the ruckus of the peanut gallery.

• Like x 8
  11. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Aww, I wish I had gotten @Drake PPS-1083 Swift's main unbanned, this was the perfect time for a "Please don't use that word."

12. boop

boop beepbeep

note for 4 that you probably wont be told when a user that isnt you is put on moderation

• Like x 7
  13. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Yes.

And I'm not gonna promise that I will absolutely never ban anyone except by their request... But if I were gonna, don't you think I would have by now?

• Like x 1
  14. seebs

So I stickied this because it's a good summary of the thing, I think it helps, and I don't feel like trying to do a "better" writeup and probably can't anyway.

• Like x 11
  15. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

I suspect that any "better" writeup you try to do will defeat the purpose of having a short bulleted list :p

• Like x 12
  16. Xitaqa

Xitaqa Secretly awesome

• Like x 5
  17. Acey

Acey let’s form a band! let’s take a stand!

Well-put, @evilas. Very, very well-put. <3

• Like x 3
  18. Lissa Lysik'an

Lissa Lysik'an Dragon-loving Faerie

I think the last sentence of point 4 should be a point 5 and stand by itself.

• Like x 3
  19. evilas

Hmm, I'm not sure. I like the overall message of positivity in the first 3, and the fourth one just basically says "here's what mods will and won't do". I think making the fifth one stand by itself would come off as a bit passive-aggressive when that's not what I'm going for, I just wanted to establish... uhh, "guidelines of kindness"? If that makes sense?

• Like x 3
  20. seebs

It might even make sense to weaken it to "we have not yet banned any non-spambot users except by their consent".

Or just let the "punitive action" post cover that. Or something. Still pondering it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice