Guys, panic attack again, help?

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by ChelG, Mar 10, 2017.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

So there are about six cop cars up at the end of my street. I had to walk past them to buy milk, and two of them in quick succession happened to slow and park right as I walked past. I tried in the past couple of days to get over my fear of being arrested for viewing underage fictional content by looking at some and it evidently didn't work. Writing, not drawing; rationally I'm aware that's not illegal but keep panicking in case it became so. I was absolutely certain they were there for me. I saw a cop interviewing someone in the doorway of the flats up at that end, and none of them have come down to this end of the street. If it was for that they wouldn't need six cars, and I'm fairly sure blocking the site would happen long before arrests. Still panicking. Help?

2. devian

devian Well-Known Member

It is not illegal to view underage fictional writing, and if it had become illegal recently you probably would have heard about it, it wouldn't have been done sneakily. Fandom would have made it into a Thing if nothing else.

The cops may well be looking for someone, but it's more likely they're looking for someone who has recently committed a physical crime in the local area. If you haven't done that, it's highly unlikely they're looking for you.

The cars slowing down and parking right next to you is a coincidence -- they were going to stop whether you were there or not.

Try to sit down for a while and do something grounding? If there's something that has worked for you in the past to help dispel this sort of panic attack, do that if possible. Breathing exercises tend to be helpful.

I am sorry your brain is being shitty, I hope it stops soon :(

3. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

If it helps any, maybe try asking (politely, sometimes cops can be snooty) the police themselves why they're there? They don't necessarily have to answer, but if they're looking for someone they may accept that as an invite to ask you one or two questions, and from there you'll know for sure you're not who they're looking for.

6 cars seems a bit excessive for simple interviews though, unless you live in a huge cul de sac, so chances are high that they actually have someone cornered, they're just waiting for confirmation on their next move, like a warrant. But you're really fine, I guarantee it :)

4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I think that block was robbed or there might have been a disturbance going on around there. Definitely something big. I don't feel up to going out and talking to them, the anxiety's making me feel unwell and I don't really want to go outside. It's been some time and none of them have come to me though, so I figure I'm safe.

5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

In other news, anxiety diarrhoea is horrible.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice