hardware is confusing

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by shmeed, Dec 18, 2018.

  1. shmeed

    shmeed plant me

    i got a sound system and im having hdmi trouble

    2.png 1.png
    these things are not compatible

    is there an adapter? do i have to change my computer?
  2. idiomie

    idiomie I, A Shark Apologist

    okay i don't know what the pokey bit is called, but the cable in your hand, that has an hdmi male part right? at the other end? or is it actually physically a part of your sound system?
  3. KingStarscream

    KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

    There is an adapter! I have one for my computer because my monitor and tower don't play nice otherwise; here's one on Amazon but you can probably find it somewhere else too, your key search terms being "VGA" and "9-pin to 15-pin".

    edit: There's also HDMI converters for multiple different pins; basically, there's a converter for Everything, sometimes it's just finicky to hunt down.
    • Useful x 1
  4. idiomie

    idiomie I, A Shark Apologist

    okay google tells me that the pokey bits you have are a VGA 9 pin (the tab) and a VGA 15 pin (the innie).

    my best guess would be to just get a vga 15 pin to hdmi cable, which would then plug into the hdmi port and the vga 15 pin port and solve the issue. according to google, you can get them for like ~10$?

    if the vga 9 pin part is not it's own cable that can be detached from your system, vga 9 pin to vga 15 pin converters exist? but much more expensive
    • Useful x 1
  5. shmeed

    shmeed plant me

    it's attached to the sound system itself. instead of a headphone jack coming out of it, it has that big honking hdmi thing

    thank you guys! a cheapish adapter was the best case scenario i was hoping for :D
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice