Vent Have to give my ferret back.

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by ChelG, Jan 12, 2022.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Okay, idea. Mood journal. Note when having them feels good and when it doesn't.

2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

The fact that I'm up at four in the morning stressing about the situation and going to the other room and patting them didn't help probably implies what I have to do, but the idea of giving up on ever having a chance to care for animals again hurts like a death. There are no animal shelters to volunteer at within a two-hour radius, even those are run out of someone's garden so they probably don't want volunteers, and I can't move away because I require family within driving distance and assisted living accommodation.

3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Dad says give it a month but I can't face a month. I'm already feeling sick and not sleeping and crying nonstop.

4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Shelter owner said she'd call when I messaged her and she hasn't.

5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Calmed down a bit. More confident in handling ability now but still want to talk to shelter owner about how she nip-trains them so as to be consistent.

6. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Doctor prescribed something for the short term anxiety.

7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Feeling much better now. I definitely don't want to give them back anymore. I think multiple factors just resulted in a breakdown there.

8. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

New ones have settled in. Helping me get out of bed on bad brain days. One's still biting but I'm dealing.

9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Things are going much better. One ferret's still a little nippy but we're dealing and I know she's just playing, the other is a huge cuddlebug and I love him and I'm so glad I didn't give them back. Phew.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice