Hello! (Again!)

Discussion in 'Howdy there!' started by Kathy, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

Hey there!

I'm Kathy. I was here quite a while ago, but went by a different Kathy based username. For reasons of personal safety, I had to request most of my old content be removed from the site. I would request that nobody refer to me by the old Kathy based username outside of the private forums for the same reason. I also don't Expect Everyone To Remember Me x3 I was very active, but then things got to be too much for me and I left, after completing a international move with the support of kind folks here.

I realized that I was interacting with the forum in an unhealthy way - I had no control over my own environment for most of my posting life here, and when I arrived in my new home I was constantly on edge, anticipating it was going to be taken away from me. As a result, I desperately scrambled to try and make things Safe and Reliable elsewhere, including here, and got in too deep when my spoons were drained. I had basically no reason to live for a long time except helping other people and that, wasn't very healthy.

I feel like I owe several folks an apology - that I maybe sometimes didn't pick up on signals for when my help wasn't wanted if it wasn't outright stated? And I'm sorry for that. I'm also sorry if I hurt anyone in some other way I didn't notice due to my preoccupation with my own situation and attempts to try and calm things down during a kinda tumultuous time on here. I'm always better at giving others advice than I am taking it.

That said, I'm in a much better place now. I'm far healthier, I eat at least two meals a day on average, and can walk one hundred meters unassisted by mobility aids on good days. I've gone outside, sometimes on my own!

I used to be a digital artist, but I retired from that shortly a few months ago, as I realized that for now digital art is too intrinsically tied to a lot of pain I went through as a survival mechanism.

But on the flip side, I was able to reclaim something that means a lot to me: writing! I actually shipped a video game of sorts this month that I was tapped to write for with my partner :D

Anyway this is getting a bit long and rambly and I need to go for a doctor's appointment.

• Winner x 18
    • Like x 11
  2. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

I'm so glad to see you back, safe and sound! I've been worried about you since your internet presence dropped off, but this is the best reason for it; is just Kathy fine to call you going forward? (And do you have a link to the game?)

• Agree x 6
    • Like x 1
  3. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

KATHY HI KATHY
    i missed seeing you around, glad to have you back and i hope things go better this time around

(i used to go by cassikat, if my username is unfamiliar!)

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 2
  4. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

:D Calling me Kathy is fine!!
    Also HI I MISSED YOU TOO!! Is calling you Harvey still okay?

[Excited babbling redacted]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    • Winner x 10
  5. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

harvey is totally fine! harvey, dave, kat, “hey you” s’all good.

that game sounds really fun and i have a copy of garry’s mod...i’ll have to check it out

• Like x 2
  6. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

ahhh i'm so glad you're back and doing well! i'm really happy you got out and are in a better situation now. it's great to see you again!

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  7. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

glad to hear you're doing good!

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  8. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH KATHY!!!! Hello!! I'm SO glad you're doing well, and I'm beyond happy to see you again--I always did think you were pretty damn awesome. <3

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
  9. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

;u; thank you

• Like x 1
  10. kmoss

kmoss whoops

!!! I'm so glad to see you back! you sound like you feel better and less stressed out even in these first few messages here

(congrats on the game, I think I've even Heard of it, which is wild because I'm not a big gamer)

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  11. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Glad to have you back!

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  12. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

You're back!!! :D I'm glad to hear you're doing so well! That game looks amazing, I think its requirements are too high for my current computer but I'm absolutely adding it to the list of things to play when I build a new one.

• Agree x 2
  13. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

:D Thank you!
    I manage to play it okay on a 10 year old rig with 4gb of ram, the largest issue for me is download time for maps and some seizing with one of the endings. If you do play it at some point, please tell me what you think!!

Also there's a TVTropes page for the game but trust nothing there, whoever wrote it kinda. Yeah I don't even know x3

• Informative x 3
  14. Morgan Jae

Morgan Jae pecure. sontain. crotect.

KATHY HI HELLO i am So Glad to see that you're back and doing well!! wow!! sorry you had to retire from art but CONGRATS on the writing!! :DDD it sounds like you've been having a much better time recently, and i'm absolutely ecstatic on your behalf.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  15. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Hey Kathy! It’s good to see you again. I thought of you rather often, fondly, with a tinge of regret that you were gone but mostly with hope that you were happy. I’m so glad to hear that you’re doing so well. Huge congratulations on everything you’ve achieved!

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 1
  16. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

Thank you all so much ;u; i've missed ya'll

• Like x 5
  17. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

It's great to see you back!

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  18. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

C: thank you!!

• Like x 3
  19. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

OH HI I'm glad you're back and okay! I missed seeing you around!

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  20. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

welcome back

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice