Help diagnose me? (possible Personality Disorder)

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by evilas, Jan 26, 2017.

1. evilas

evilas Sure, I'll put a custom title here

So I've been noticing that Acey (a friend of mine who has BPD) and many other people with similar personality disorders have been describing the ways they think about themselves and others and it's often resonated with how I feel about myself. I feel like I must have some sort of personality disorder.

I've described in very, VERY extensive depth the problems I have with my identity here, but to summarize, I tend to think of myself as a cluster of fandoms, likes, and dislikes, and not much else.
    I tend to split, very frequently. This combines with the first point to form a "if there's an aspect of this thing I like that someone else criticizes then they must think I'm evil for liking it!"

Now, apparently lack of impulse control is also a thing? I mean, I learned impulse control from years of therapy, I used to break stuff out of frustration all the time, and I once threw a couch cushion at my therapist bc she said something that made me uncomfortable.
    But stuff like "not being able to stop myself from doing things like buying something I like, or eating, or w/e" also counts? Because if so then that box is ticked, as well.

Now, as for going through DSM-5 criteria, I feel like for a ton of them, I felt like I identified with about half of the symptoms but not the other half.

In short, I'm pretty sure I have something, but I need help narrowing down what it is.
    Could you guys help?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice