Help, I'm drowning in my mind

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by ButterflySurvivor, Nov 13, 2015.

1. ButterflySurvivor

ButterflySurvivor New Member

Hi,
    So... I recently started a mostly long-distance relationship with a girl who I've known for several years. For pretty much the entire time we've known each other we've both said we're pansexual, which, great, because I've had a crush on her for a while and I've known for a while that I'm not exactly a girl. At first I thought genderqueer or genderfluid, but in the past year I've started leaning more towards Trans (FTM). Before starting the relationship, I told her that I'm mostly sure that I'm trans, but that there are only a few people who I want to tell right away. So everything is good, great even, for a little while. Then...The last time I got to see here she told me that she thinks she's a lesbian (we've had a few talks about it, she says that the idea of male genitalia scares her). And I got to thinking. When I first told her about my thoughts on my gender, she expressed the opinion of not wanting me to transition at all (which is mostly fine in my head, because it's a very large, very scary idea that I really don't have time to think about much right now, and I'm thinking that the most I would want to transition is maybe hormones, anyway)... This is no longer sitting quite well with me, when combined with her saying she's a lesbian.
    So, the actual drowning bit? I know I need to talk to her about this, and I'm going to see her again in a week (we talk in between, but this seems like a Big Thing that needs to be said in person...?) but I have no idea how to actually start this sort of big conversation, and no idea what to say. Help, please? Any advice would be...very greatly appreciated.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice