Help Request

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by Backup Scheherazade, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Backup Scheherazade

Backup Scheherazade New Member

I thought this was probably the appropriate forum for technical problems, sorry if it isn't. Anyway, I have a technical problem.

So, my original account was, unsurprisingly, the one labeled 'Scheherazade'. When I signed up for Kintsugi, I just used a random keysmash for my e-mail because I really hate having to give out actual e-mail addresses for things.

Then I forgot my password. Since I didn't enter an actual e-mail account, I cannot retrieve my password. I avoided this issue via the simple mechanism of just not logging out for a while, but then I had to reset my computer. So I can't log back in. Uh, help?

Also, while I'm whining, I want to complain about the twenty-five characters or less limit for screenames. When I was trying to make this account so I could use this message, it turned me down about fifty times for attempts including, but not limited to: Emergency Backup Scheherazade, I Can't Believe It's Not Scheherazade, Return of the Revenge of the Son of Scheherazade, Discount Knockoff Scheherazade, and Scheherazade II: 'Zade Harder. This is, clearly, not acceptable.

• Like x 12
  2. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

(only liking that for the incredible list of names.)

• Like x 2
  3. Backup Scheherazade

No worries, that was why I included them. Sure, it's a pain in the ass for me, but someone might as well get a laugh out of it. :)

• Like x 2
  4. Backup Scheherazade

...Okay, but seriously, does anyone know how to fix this?

5. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

@seebs, i think you are the one who needs to look at this?

6. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

IIRC seebs and Jesse have mentioned that for administrative things like this reporting posts is better than tagging them, because it pops up as a Thing That Needs Dealt With and won't get lost in floods of notifications

(I did it for you already, so you don't need to bother doing it again)

• Like x 2
  7. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

@seebs i have no clue how to retrieve passwords, you gotta do the thing. my admin-fu is weak.

8. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Long story short, there is no password retrieval, but I can set the password on an account, and the idea is that then you reset it to something else.

Note that even if you DO enter an email address, we have email sending totally disabled, so it won't let you do the reset that way.

• Like x 1
  9. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

Smart move, wix. That had either slipped my mind or I did not hear the thing. Thanks for reporting!

10. Backup Scheherazade

Okay, that seems reasonable. So could you PM me on this account with the new password?

11. Scheherazade

Scheherazade It's a story fractal

And here we are. Thanks for the help, everyone.

• Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice