Hey all!

Discussion in 'Howdy there!' started by thewispsoftime, May 14, 2017.

1. thewispsoftime

thewispsoftime Out of Sync

My name's Zach, I'm 20, I use He/Him but honestly everything about me is all confusing and muddled right now so I won't care if you use any other pronouns, haha.
    I wanna say up front that I've been recently dealing with issues involving delusions and breaks from reality, and the past week especially has been quite bad. If you want to legit interact with me, I'll do my very best to be polite and sociable, but I feel like its pertinent to state upfront, in case any of you are uncomfortable.
    Past that, I play games and write stories. I listen to music a lot. If you do end up talking to me, I'll probably talk without end about how games are made and how stories are created and the nuances of it all. I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to that stuff. My favorite games are Final Fantasy 6, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War, and Undertale. Don't worry, I won't go crazy about them unless you invite me to be.
    Nice to meet you all!

• Like x 2
  2. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

hi! and yay, undertale! i have basically spent the entirety of 2017 sperging about it.

3. thewispsoftime

Niiiice. I have talked about it a loooooooooot with a few of my friends, hah. I personally think there's several aspects that should be presented as a standard that similar games should shoot for. Mainly the interweaving of narrative and gameplay.

• Agree x 2
  4. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Undertale!
    I've had Undertale as basically my main special interest for probably over a year now, and am currently writing an Undertale/Days of Wasp and Spider fanfic for English.

5. thewispsoftime

Ooh! That sounds super cool! Whats the premise?

6. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Frisk and Chara are boss monsters, monsters were made as thaumobiological robots using very special magic that is no longer available, at some point monsters gained sapience and got controlled by mind control.

I'm currently only up to writing chapter 2, Frisk breaking their mind control is probably either late chapter 2 or early chapter 3, and then everything will go to hell in the form of suddenly rebellion. (One free monster can free many other monsters, each of which can free many other monsters...)

7. thewispsoftime

Wow, that sounds super cool! I'd love to read it whenever you've got it in a good state!

8. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

If you want to be a beta reader, you might be able to-I'll have to ask the teacher. If you can't then eh, I'll hand it in in a few weeks and you can read it then.

9. unknownanonymous

yep! the interweaving of narrative and gameplay in undertale is awesome and just so perfect.

10. thewispsoftime

Oooo That'd be super cool! I love writing a lot, and I'd totally be down for helping out!
    *rubs back of neck* Helps distract from the fact that I'm not writing anything right nowwwww

11. thewispsoftime

The thing I respect so much about Undertale is that no piece of it goes unpolished. Like, there's tons of great games now a days where you look at it and you say "yeah okay this piece is kinda shit but everything ELSE is great!!" but you can't do that with Undertale. With Undertale everything that was decided to be put in the game has the time taken to make it amazing, and that's a standard we NEED to repeat.

• Agree x 1
  12. Morgan Jae

Morgan Jae pecure. sontain. crotect.

ah hallo! welcome, welcome
    don't have much to say but it's nice to see a new face around here

13. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Welcome! It's nice to meet you.

This sounds really fascinating! I'd love to hear about that sometime.

14. thewispsoftime

@Verily Sure! I have a lot of thoughts about games, so I'm sure it'll come up sooner rather than later, haha.

• Like x 1
  15. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

I've got a thing I want to do with it where the chapter titles are all song quotes-so far I have Hearts in the Dark as the planned title for the Chara Gives Everyone A Bad Time chapter, and Let Your True (Techni)Colours Show for the chapter either immediately before or immediately after that one, depending on where it fits better. However I have some titleless chapters. ETA: If you want to suggest song quote chapter titles, that'd be good.

16. unknownanonymous

yep. :D and i like how, while it is a complete, polished thing, it also provides lots of room to extrapolate, lots of room for everyone to imagine it differently.

• Agree x 2
  17. thewispsoftime

Oh definitely. In a lot of ways, the combo of narrative and gameplay reminds me of FF6, another favorite game of mine, except a lot tighter and there's no extra fluff.

• Like x 1
  18. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Hey, welcome! :D I love stories, though admittedly my focus is more in cartoons.

I still need to finish Undertale...my computer died like halfway through my first playthrough. :(

19. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

if you do true pacifist, make sure to backtrack in the epilogue section and, at the very least, check the mirror.
    it's surprising how much a single word can change the context of every piece of narration in the entire game.

• Agree x 2
  20. thewispsoftime

Ahh nice. I enjoy a ton of cartoons but the last ones I watched were Gravity Falls and Rick And Morty

Aww, that's super unfortunate. If you do finish and wanna discuss, def hmu!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice