hi!

Discussion in 'Howdy there!' started by kitty, Jan 15, 2017.

1. kitty

kitty chromaggia

so i recently got into some shit on my discourse blog (aceinyaface) and someone recommended i check out this site!
    i'm kitty/mags, i'm ace (demi, specifically) black, disabled, trying too hard to be positive. my gender is question mark with a side of femme.
    i don't really know anything about this place or what it's like here or what you stand for, so...clue me in, please?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    • Like x 5
  2. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

3. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

hey glad to see you got in! i really hope you like it here :D (it's inigoh from tumb by the by!)
    it is pretty much a mixed bag like riley said like. everything is in here ya feel me, so really it's just a "talk about whatever ya damn well please" kinda deal. also, i hope you're doing better now? but anyway yes welcome and i'm sure some of us are more than willing to answer questions you may have ^^

4. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

Hi! Welcome to Kintsugi! My name's Nikki.
    I can't really clue you in because I'm awful at explaining things, but we do have a Steven Universe thread. Judging by your icon (which is super awesome by the way!), I think you'd like it.

5. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Hey there! Kintsugi's a bit of a mixed back with regards to fandom stuff, creative stuff, and the drama in FiD, but it feels like a pretty big chunk of the userbase hangs around for help (or to help) with things like mental health issues, gender shit, and recovery from (or dealing with) abuse.

Since the Steven Universe thread's already been linked, I can't think of anything else to link as of yet, but any fandoms you're into are bound to have a thread. And if they don't, shouting about is a good way to get the rest of us looking at the cool things you like.

6. kmoss

kmoss whoops

I feel like, just to stay in the club here, I should second third fourth that kintsugi is sort of a mixed bag

in terms of what we stand for.....sort of everything? There are a few threads on here that are basically a constant argument, and a few threads that are, well, not. You don't have to feel obliged to dig in to any argument, and you always have the option to duck out for a bit if you need. We also have a few (billion) life advice and just vent threads, and the "nerds nerding about nerd stuff" section is pretty huge.

If you're looking for a specific thing and can't find it, there's a thread for that: https://kintsugi.seebs.net/threads/do-we-have-a-thread-for-that-the-thread.4032/

....and we do, theoretically, have a tagging system, but i'm pretty sure maybe 30% of the people here actually use it.
    have fun, feel free to ask questions

7. kitty

kitty chromaggia

thanks, everyone!
    i do like steven universe, but I'm very far behind; currently huge interests are the adventure zone podcast and yuri on ice. i don't actually end up talking fandom all that much though, likely because on tumblr the risk of getting into some kind of confrontation is too high.
    i have noticed there are threads for creative content, and I'm currently trying to teach myself to paint, so maybe i can learn something there!

• Like x 4
  8. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Welcome! It's good to have you here.

I haven't dug too deeply into the fandom areas myself, but so far people generally seem pretty chill even when they strongly disagree.

I've been very impressed by how the forum is set up to handle confrontation if it turns nasty and/or doesn't resolve itself. There's the section called "That Could Have Gone Better", which people shorthand as Argument Island for legacy reasons. The approach is to debug social interactions, as in figure out what went wrong and why.

That said, I think I've only been directly affected by a fight that got moved there once in the month and a half I've been here, never directly involved, and I favor discourse threads.

(I have to add that I absolutely love the sparkly curtain header thing on your blog. It's mesmerizing.)

9. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Yeah, Kintsugi is very much a mixed bag of content. But it's a very nice mixed bag, IMO, and if there's something you don't wanna engage with or see...well, you don't have to and no one's gonna get mad at you for it.

(also you should totally catch up with su just sayin)

Anyway, welcome! :D

• Like x 2
  10. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Welcome to the party!

• Like x 1
  11. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

We stand for not expecting everyone to stand for the same things!

• Like x 5
  12. kmoss

kmoss whoops

*waves a poorly made flag and a vague sign*

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice