1. We've been a little overwhelmed with the rate of moderator activity lately, and @rigel drew the short straw. Congratudolences are appreciated, or you could give generously to the memorial fund for his sanity.
    Dismiss Notice

high pitched screaming forever: a grad school story

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by Chiomi, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Chiomi

Chiomi superhero

20 minutes until meeting. I have so much to do still - not least getting this abstract out tonight - and I'm already just, like, tired to the bone.

And having the crippling insecurity again. Like. I know I'm doing profoundly cool research. What if I don't write well enough to get accepted to talk at things?

• Witnessed x 2
  2. Chiomi

Chiomi superhero

Putting this here to refer to when I inevitably freak out again: J thinks it's going to be really easy to transition, because not only do I have financial and moral support from A, but I've been doing pretty well and I contribute to stuff.

• Winner x 3
  3. Chiomi

Chiomi superhero

so i'm supposed to be smart. and i am smart. like, have been called spooky-smart, 2/3 of my committee has outright said they think i'm smarter than them and the third thinks i should casually have been able to do an absolutely insane schedule.

but it's friday and i haven't slept well this week and i had three meetings today and i have another meeting in half an hour and i've been stressy and i feel so dumb. Like. I don't think I can write because words are hard, and I stare at my code and have no idea where this stupid error came from. my brain is just fart noises and failure and i think i might have been inadvertently rude to not just the visiting scholar but also the visiting candidate for [fancy job] and i hate it. also why can't i stop running my mouth when i'm tired.

blarghhhh papers why. i need to write a 20 page paper by next thursday and my thesis proposal and my application letter for the next program and then start writing for publication and writing applications for conferences

• Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice