Historical Fiction is pretty gnarly

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Nik, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Nik

Nik The Grace of the World and the Void of the Cosmos

I wanted to make a thing so here's my favorite topic, history. Next to writing. Also, hello!

2. Nik

One time, I spent over three hours telling one of my friends why Poland had the best goddamn history I could think of. That was one hell of a three hours. He just sat there. The poor child. Even though I can't stand him now for different reasons.

• Like x 2
  3. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

it's true. i have a really nice set of books about it that i really need to sit down and and read at some point. because goddamn does Poland have a great history.

4. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conrad_Stargard

I enjoyed these books when I was a kid, though there are definitely a few things I would change about them.

5. strictly quadrilateral

6. Nik

I still need to read the one you gave me. Yes, it's been a whole year and I have yet to open the book. I think. Anyways, I feel you on that but with Russian history; I also have a fuckton of books I have barely touched.

7. strictly quadrilateral

The signed one? You should definitely read it at some point, but there's no rush.

8. Nik

I have about eight to ten stacks of books that require my attention as of two years ago, I really need to read more often as I buy books.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice