How are you making mental health progress?

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by theambernerd, Jan 16, 2017.

1. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

I'm trying to identify and work through the sense of personal inferiority that keeps me from pursuing love and relationships, and identifying some patterns that keep getting me into toxic relationship dynamics!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    • Winner x 4
  2. I finally fought down my executive dysfunction enough to get my clothes back in my closet! And I'm doing a lot of stuff this summer too that I signed up for of my own perogative. Proud of myself.

• Winner x 4
  3. Salted Earth

Salted Earth DISOWNING DOESN'T STACK, ASSHOLE

I recently started seeing a mental health nurse, and I'm due to start doing a lot more work with the rest of my care team as soon as the funding goes through.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  4. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

I forgot to check in, but I've been doing really well at my call center job!! It sucks, but it's do able.

I was triggered really badly on Monday which sent me into a massive panic attack. But it was literally right before lunch and my supervisor let me take a slightly longer lunch because of the attack, so I was able to actually get back on the phones and finish out the day. That would have been unheard of even a month ago!! (I'm still kinda baffled)

ALSO I have been job searching steadily whenever I'm not working, and all my hard work paid off because I got a job in Boston, so now I'm gonna move!!!! I'm doing the adult thing!! It's kinda scary. lol

I do still have anxiety attacks every Sunday night, but here's hoping I'll keep improving.

• Winner x 3
  5. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

SO MANY THINGS GUYS

1) Moved, almost all on my own to live with moirail and other best friend
    2) Have job that I like. No, I actually enjoy going to work. Which is still a baffling thing that if anyone else told me was a thing I would go "sounds fake but okay"
    3) My ex of like 8 years and I are tentatively going to start dating because we used our Adult Words and actually talked shit out for once.
    4) I haven't had a Sunday Night Meltdown since moving here

Uhhh I'm sure there's more but wow. Things are super looking up for me and I'm really excited about life.

I should probably still find a therapist, just to make sure I properly deal with everything, but for once I don't really have stressors.

• Winner x 9
    • Like x 1
  6. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

@Re Allyssa Aaa congrats! that's amazing, so glad!

I've been pretty stabilized in medium mental health management land for a little while, but I have managed to continue to sign up for things I'm interested in and enjoy and will hopefully actually set up a psych appointment to switch meds tomorrow :P

on the plus side i've been productive enough to keep two retail jobs and an (unpaid lolwhoops) art job! so, actually productive!me at least :3

• Winner x 6
  7. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Have an appointment to get a referral to counselling, yay hurray

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  8. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I changed when I take my meds and made an alarm and I haven't forgotten them for like over a week now!! I was forgetting them like every other day or more before, huzzah my serotonin levels might even out

• Winner x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice