How do Commission? Ideas

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by Lee, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Lee

Lee i will face god and walk backwards into hell

So I've started art commissions recenty, and I've immediately found out just how hard it is to get your suff out and about into the world.

Any creator-types in here, how have you advertised your wares to the internet? Which methods worked? Which didn't? Did you find a niche market that you can operate in?

2. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Splashy but not too chaotic infographics, relentless reblogging of it on tumblr, on twitter, on every social media you may have. Drawing fanart is a good way to get people to notice your art in the first place, and from there, they can check out your pricing info.

• Like x 1
  3. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Also, if you're not drawing art but making crafts as I see in your tags, using those tags on tumblr will help.

• Like x 1
  4. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

Yep. Advertise, make graphics with your prices and email, reblog reblog reblog, tag art groups on tumblr and twitter on your info posts, post post post

often it's about getting the word out hard enough, and then keeping your customers happy so they start with word of mouth. make sure that when you're open for commissions that you have easily accessible places for people to message you and ask questions. sometimes it takes a long time to find a niche market, if you do at all, so don't worry too much about that.

I def tend to also go to sites that are more interested in the type of things i'm selling (such as furaffinity for trying to sell nsfw furry commissions) or deviantart (for poppy pixel dog things). sometimes you gotta go to where the people are who like your thing!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice