how should you post lyric comics on kintsugi?

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by unknownanonymous, Feb 22, 2017.

1. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

what would be the best way to post lyric comics on kintsugi? in terms of getting attention and providing a good viewing experience.

i see how lyric comic posting is done on tumblr, but kintsugi's image limit per post cuts off way before the length of a typical lyric comic.

(lyric comics are sequences of big drawn images, usually for a fandom, made to fit to a song and with lyrics of the song on top of the images. they don't look like conventional comics with multiple boxes and lines.)

• Like x 1
  2. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

OH OH OH IDEA.

Make the thread, leave [IN PROGRESS] across the top of it, make a few diff posts in it
    then edit the posts to include the images!

if you're thinking DEDICATED LYRICSTUCK THREAD then maybe something like...people can post in it and say, "hey, I'm gonna post my thing" and everyone else tries to refrain from posting for a bit to allow them to post it? Might even be helpful to have a lyricstuck discussion section and a lyricstuck posting one...

• Like x 2
  3. unknownanonymous

those are good ideas! :D

i'm not sure which i like best, though.

• Like x 1
  4. keltka

I'd lean towards a mix of the two! with the SHEER amount of space that lyricstucks take up, I feel like there'd be an issue with...thread overflow, if discussion happened in the same thread? so referring back from a diff thread might be a good idea

yet another idea: each lyricstuck gets its own thread, pros: good for organization, could do in-depth discussion on That Particular One in its own thread; cons: that's a lot of threads, scoob (maybe if subforum?)

One Whole Thread: pros: all in one place! easy access, don't need to track SO MANY THREADS; cons: thread might move too fast, parts of lyricstuck might get split up by other people posting/etc, running out of space v quickly, harder to focus on/discuss one particular lyricstuck

lyricstuck posting/OOC discussion: pros: one thread can focus on the actual art stuff, is less likely to get split up, minimizes thread amounts; cons: constant referring back to one thread for discussion in another might get tricky/confusing, harder to focus on/discuss one particular lyricstuck

• Like x 1
  5. unknownanonymous

the lyric comics getting split up was why i felt like posting them in the drawing thread wouldn't work well. well, posting links to them in that thread would probably work fine, but using that as the original posting space wouldn't.

6. keltka

Makes sense! In that case, maybe Own Thread or Two Threads? Or posting in a separate lyricstuck thread and posting the links back to the main drawing thread :D

• Like x 1
  7. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Potential idea: Combine images?

• Like x 2
  8. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

mhhh... maybe?
    I think a version I'd think maybe interesting would be a subforum in Fantown with a stickied Discussion Thread and then the lyricstucks themselves get their own threads maybe? That way you can refer back and forth but also just link stuff

• Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice