I bought a thing and USPS haven't delivered it. Advice?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Nertbugs, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Nertbugs

Nertbugs Information Leafblower

I bought something from Etsy on the 11th May. It's been sent via Priority Mail International using USPS. It's going from LA to the UK. I still haven't received it and the last note on the tracking info (on the 16th May) says 'shipment accepted'. I've done some Googling and have come to the conclusion that USPS tracking info isn't always great. I have no idea if it's even in the UK yet or not.

Should I try to follow it up, and how do I do that? Has anyone else ordered something from the States to the UK via this service, and how long did it take to get to you?

2. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

A lot of the time usps will say your package has been accepted a few days before you get it, but ive never seen it take this much longer after that notification. The site recommends submitting a missing mail search after at least seven business days, so you could do that

https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm

You could also try and see if the sender would send you another because you never recieved the first, but i doubt someone on etsy would be willing or able like a big business would.

3. Lissa Lysik'an

Lissa Lysik'an Dragon-loving Faerie

USPS typically says it has been accepted once a not-US place takes charge of it. I dunno how UK delivery services work but the UK is tiny and even a kid on a bike could have delivered it by now so I would assume the UK delivery service lost it or has it in their equivalent of "undeliverable" bin (where packages with unreadable labels or misnumbered street address or misspelled street name etc go in the USPS system)

• Informative x 1
  4. Nertbugs

Nertbugs Information Leafblower

Thanks for the advice guys. I've submitted the missing mail form, so will have to see what comes of that. If it has been held up on my end it's probably because of customs, but I've had no notification from them that I need to come and pay the duty. There also seems to be some confusion over who takes charge of it once it reaches the UK, so I'm unsure who I'd contact on my end. Might have to do a ring around to see if any of the usual suspects have it.

Seriously doubt I could get a replacement, as it was a custom order. It's a very important thing, so I'm quite antsy that it hasn't arrived yet :( Fingers crossed the postal service comes through

• Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice