I Cannot Into Emotions-- no need to respond!

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Totally David K, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Totally David K

Totally David K So totally David K. Yup. David K, definitely me.

Howdy gang! To address the second part of the title, I just wanted to make sure that no one felt obligated to post here, since I don't frequently post with answers to other people's advice requests. I just wanted to get this out onto the interwebz to get it off my chest. I've talked about it with certain friends, but... gah, let's get on with the show.

I feel emotions just fine, usually. Anger comes to me super-easily, as does happiness, and sadness when the conditions are right. Fear is definitely an emotion I can feel.

But I noticed something-- for a while, my bathroom became my emotional sanctuary. I would go there to look myself in the eye, do some thinking, maybe punch myself in the face. But I couldn't cry in the bathroom because I could see myself. Suddenly I would realize I was just doing this as a performance for myself. My emotions and their expression were just masks I wore, masks I could easily take off. This began to extend to anger and happiness until I couldn't feel a damn thing when looking in the mirror or being able to see myself. Then I started to internalize the mirror. I still find it difficult to cry, because it's all a performance. I can't know I'm crying and still cry honestly.

I haven't been dealing with this much lately, but I still thought it was worth writing down.

So... uh... yeah, that about covers it. Thanks for reading, any who read!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice