(i can't believe there isn't already a) Skyrim/TES Thread!!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by applechime, Apr 23, 2016.

1. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

in all honesty i mostly just wanna post pictures of my dragonborns (because they're all megababes) and see other peoples' dragonborns. or share cool mods. or swap stories. or talk about how i, specifically, want to fuckin Unrelenting Force every single child in skyrim into the ocean seriously why do they look so awful, why are their voices so grating, why did they only hire two voice actors and why are there only two models and why are they so awful and unlovable!!!!!!

i've never actually played any of the other elder scrolls games because the skyrim hype was Too Strong and i didn't want to be disappointed.

look at my hot dragonborns >:3

(janara lightfoot and nurkash gra-bahgrol are lv 58 and 50 respectively, the other ones are all lv 5 or under because i basically use skyrim to make pretty characters and then forget about them. i have tons more, but these ones are my favourites. esp. aisha and nurkash. i love nurkash so much)

(yes i am in fact the kind of nerd who sits and frets about naming characters for an absurd amount of time before committing to it, why do u ask)
    (they have backstories too)

anyway. hit me up. or just like. post pretty screenshots. something. i just like having skyrim content in my life
    (☛⋈ò◡<)☛

Attached Files:

• Like x 4
  2. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

*CRASHES THROUGH THE WALL, HOWLING AT THE SKY*

MORROWIND MY ONE TRUE ELDERSCROLLS LOVE.

Skyrim is cool, tho. Morrowind just had such a strange and gorgeous setting

• Like x 4
  3. applechime

i almost bought morrowind forever ago - like when i was a wee little 16 year old - but my brother talked me out of it (his xbox, his rules)

is it similar, gameplay-wise?

edit: i just realized that i almost bought oblivion, not morrowind. whoops

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    • Like x 1
  4. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

ALL I DO IS READ BOOKS. ROSE. THE DWEMER FROM OUT OF TIME AND SPACE HAS COME BACK TO BECOME THE DOVAKHIN. JUST SO SHE CAN STEAL BOOKS FROM APOCRYPHA.

• Like x 3
  5. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

It is similar. But level progression, etc... is different. Tbh, I prefer the morrowind way...but I can also be very set in my ways. The graphics are outdated, but tbh the world just... MAKES it

6. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

I was first introduced to TES by my cousin who had Morrowind on his Xbox and let me run around as a werewolf killing people. I've never played long enough to be able to do this again. Mostly because I get distracted by EVERYTHING.

I do love Morrowind though. It's so bizarre and everything hates you and will kill you. Except the giant ticks, they're actually transportation.

A friend of mine loves Morrowind and actually RPed with some of the devs way back. There's actually a ship in some obscure bits of lore named after his character!

ESO is pretty YMMV among the fandom, but I actually really like it. Apparently a lot has changed since it started and a lot of people have gone from hating it to loving it.

I spend way too much time modding TES games. I've actually spent more time modding Oblivion than playing it, and I haven't played Skyrim at all

• Like x 1
  7. Aondeug

Morrowind is way too fucking old for me to like it. I tried. I gave up. So I am dealing with Morroblivion and waiting for Skywind. I really want to like Morrowind but playing WRPGs is already like pulling teeth for me...

• Like x 1
  8. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

i really liked oblivion, it's the first elder scrolls i played. okay well that's not completely true i tried morrowind once, but i really like the gamepads on consoles, playing computer games is not as easy for me.

but yeah oblivion is awesome. i'm playing skyrim and there's a lot of neat stuff + new things to do and leveling is waaay smoother, but i liked doing the gates and seeing all the radical daedra palaces and the monsters were awesome. plus i miss my tools and swords wearing out and having to be repaired, it made it more immersive for me. and the arena fan. he was hilarious.

i will say the dual wield in skyrim is super fun though. and mudcrabs are still shitty throughout the series so that's fun.

• Like x 1
  9. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

• Like x 1
  10. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Morrowind's setting is my one true love in the Elder Scrolls universe, but. That gameplay. Ugh. I cannot.

So I camp in ESO instead, which has the added bonus of also having Argonian towns in Mushroom-Bug-World c: I am 100% beastfolk trash, which made character-building for the Covenant line a pain.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
    • Like x 1
  11. smallgayghoul

smallgayghoul Certified Furry Trash

omg I've been playing TOO MUCH Skyrim lately. I don't know shit about ES and I don't even have the attention span to pay much attention to Skyrim's story/lore but the game is so fun and so pretty if you mod the shit out of it (maybe someday I'll be able to actually learn more about the lore and play other games in the series, because the world is cool!! but yeah im awful at attention)

Here is my kitty man his name is Leif and I love him

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  12. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

Yes this is my jam. I played Oblivion first, and then Skyrim - I tried Morrowind, I promise, but the gameplay and menus were just... I couldn't. Which makes me sad, bc what I know of the story sounds fascinating but my aspie brain locks down trying to interface with it. Honestly I still think Oblivion is my favorite. I have lots of screenshots on my desktop - i'll have to dig them up later!

• Like x 1
  13. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

I have Skyrim on my pc, and i'm not that much a fan of super open sandboxy games, but I wanna try and play it, so... what are the mods you recommend? I really don't wanna swim through 986317445 pages of nude and sexier women mods on the nexus pages just so i can find ways to make decent looking people and also pretty graphics.

14. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

i plan to someday buy skyrim and then do nothing but role-play out an existence.

main plot? main plots are for people who don't wanna paint with all the colors of the wind. maybe when I'm an old crotchety hermit i'll get around to saving you guys from dragons. or maybe i won't. maybe dragons are revered in my religion. sux 4 u

• Like x 3
  15. applechime

handsome cat!!! and yeah following the story is only fun the first time. nurkash is lv 50 and i STILL haven't even infiltrated the thalmor embassy...... i'm too busy building houses and collecting things to display in them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like x 1
  16. Aondeug

I'm one of those lorehound types so most of the mods I got were to add more shit from the weird lore into the game. Like more books.

Anyway...You will need SKSE, the Skyrim Script Extender, for a lot of shit. So just get that. SkyUI is basically. Required. Get that. I also really love SPERG for skill rebalancing and the Apocalypse spells pack. They make magic actually fun.

• Like x 2
  17. applechime

ooh I have some good ones! One sec.

my fav mods from nexusmods are
    Immersive weapons
    immersive armors
    Better freckles
    beards - high resolution
    eyebrows - high resolution
    superior lore-friendly hair
    coverkhajiits
    detailed faces v2
    skyrim hd 2k textures
    showracemenu pre-cache killer
    when vampires attack

aaaand i have some on curse that probably exist on nexusmods too:
    better beast races
    detailed bodies
    detailed lips
    detailed faces
    high quality eyes
    high resolution scars
    no more blocky faces
    weightless items <--- important

the rest of my mods are just bug fixes. there are tons of night sky and lighting mods, too, and lots of more extreme character mods. i prefer to keep it lore-friendly tho. i should get a night sky mod....

• Like x 2
  18. applechime

^^ i have no idea what skyUI is tbh. what does it change?

19. Aondeug

This. Changes the userinterface so it's easier to deal with. Can customize it too.

20. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Suggesting smeltdown/items-to-ingots, if you're the crafting sort; makes getting materials for smithing a lot easier.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice