i can't name things and this may become a relevant title

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by iff, Aug 9, 2016.

1. iff

iff Well-Known Member

what i was missing is that i'm a useless idiot who has no idea of how to do any of this

2. iff

iff Well-Known Member

3. iff

iff Well-Known Member

todays dumb recurrent mistake log is:
    - you gotta transpose your matrices in sage if you want them to be column-major

4. iff

iff Well-Known Member

i feel kind of bad about the terribleness of the code i'm writing for this assignment, but fixing it would require :effort:

5. iff

iff Well-Known Member

no "glue", we staple papertoys together like men*

also kill me there's no way i'm finishing all my class projects to any reasonable degree. especially the "do a critical reading of multiple scientific papers related to this mathy class that you didnt really understand", which manages to hit all of the Inadequacy Feelings at once. all of them.

*it's for class, i swear

6. iff

iff Well-Known Member

finished one project, 4+mystery exam to go

7. iff

iff Well-Known Member

i sort of assumed that the people who made it to grad school would be the people who don't neglect starting assignments/studying until the last possible moment. but. guess not

8. iff

iff Well-Known Member

like i absolutely do not have the math background to be able to tell whether a bunch of math papers are "telling the truth" who does my prof think he's teaching

9. iff

iff Well-Known Member

@ windows update: must you

10. iff

iff Well-Known Member

aaaaƔaaaaaa i set the exporter to overwrite the input video if it fails to export i WILL cry

11. iff

iff Well-Known Member

why does every single restaurant have both "the service suuuuucks" reviews and "very nice staff" reviews. why is this a thing that happens.

in other news, it involved hella procrastination i can't afford, and it isn't even the hard one, but i finished a project! only 10 mins after the deadline!

12. iff

iff Well-Known Member

welp ubuntu won't start I Do Not Have Time For This
    windows works so it's hopefully fixable????????? not that i know how. and i will have a new laptop tomorrow anyway and my work is mostly backed up????? i hope???? i really really hope????????? but uuuuugggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

13. iff

iff Well-Known Member

books books books i want to read books why do i have to do work

14. iff

iff Well-Known Member

admittedly reading papers is kinda scratching the itch, weirdly

15. iff

iff Well-Known Member

intense computer-related frustration

• Witnessed x 1
  16. iff

iff Well-Known Member

also
    me, a useless idiot: hey prof is this paper ok for the report
    the prof: uh what? we... saw this one in class?
    me, a useless idiot who has no clue of what we saw or didn't see in this particular class: ...whoops?

17. iff

iff Well-Known Member

man i suck at communicating clearly, how does one acquire a working theory of mind

• Witnessed x 1
  18. iff

iff Well-Known Member

computers are bullshit

19. iff

iff Well-Known Member

it turns out! that fixing my old computer was for once really easy! which never happens! and it was waaayyy easier than setting up the new one! goddammit!
    and now i guess i have to do actual work...............................................................................

20. iff

iff Well-Known Member

~post-socializing self-loathing~

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice