I just want to announce that I love the search function.

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by swirlingflight, Dec 15, 2015.

1. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I especially love the ability to search a specific thread for posts made by a specific account.

It makes checking back through the long roleplaying thread for things so much easier.

• Like x 3
  2. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

I would not have survived the first week of Weirdmageddon Tango without it.

• Like x 2
  3. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

kintsugi does have a pretty good search function and it has definitely came in useful for me with the rp.

i don't like how it refuses to look for stuff like, "sev," though. i suppose that can be worked around but it does frustrate me. 'cause i was trying to check the ooc thread for talk about norm <3 sev one time and well, i couldn't 'cause the search function was refusing to treat "sev" as a valid thing to search for. i mean, to be fair, if "sev" did work as a search term, it might've also caught "sev'ral timez" and "several" and whatnot, but still... i really wish the search function didn't hate sev.

4. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

have you tried capitalizing it?

I usually look for words I know are in the post I'm looking for, like "Valiska introvert" or "Papyrus television". You could try "Norm Sev communication" since that topic always comes up around Norm and Sev.

• Like x 1
  5. unknownanonymous

@cryptoThelematrix thanks! :D
    i haven't tried capitalizing it, actually. i'll see if it works.
    and yep, it sure does come up a lot with them. norm just won't say he's in love, and sev doesn't know how to tell norm he's just not interested.

6. unknownanonymous

@cryptoThelematrix and now that i've finished testing it:
    hmmm... it sorta works.
    and though we talked a lot about communication involving norm and sev, i don't think we ever really used the word itself (except for, well, when you used it in this thread, of course).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice