1. Yes, we're aware that McAfee is reporting this as a "malicious site", we don't know why. I have some indirect evidence suggesting someone filed a bogus report somewhere. In the mean time, doing some software updates. Probably safe/harmless, but things might be down occasionally until it's done.
    Dismiss Notice

idiomie: the silence liveblog

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by idiomie, Dec 15, 2018.

1. idiomie

idiomie ;&

.... y'know .... i really love lanque

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  2. idiomie

idiomie ;&

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexical-gustatory_synesthesia

!!!! it me!!!!

i've always sorta joked that i have synesthesia but i always assumed that like, i couldn't, actually, because my only exposure to synesthesia outside of my own experiences was a mango shaped space (which i never actually read, because i wasn't in it's assigned group, and this was during the long years of no reading) and so i thought. taste/texture experiences brought on words, especially when thinking about their meaning? can't possibly be a thing!

but it is! this makes me very happy

• Winner x 2
  3. idiomie

idiomie ;&

making bread dough and freezing it for up to two weeks has been a literal life changer

i don't have to worry about making weird micro bread doughs that still take for fucking ever, because i can make it all at once at the start of the week, and now all i have to do is plan a day ahead and be like, ah yes, it is time for you to thaw.

delicious

• Winner x 1
  4. idiomie

idiomie ;&

you don't understand I HAVE SO MUCH BREAD

n needs to move out here faster, so we can go buy a chest freezer, because i am RUNNING OUT OF SPACE

fakedit: not just because of frozen dough, but like, i have like three pounds of mushrooms and probably twenty of a variety of frozen veggies in the freezer too. but we don't have room for all of the dough i want to store in there now.

5. idiomie

idiomie ;&

last night's dream involved me going away to a dormitory school where i met a friend (irl from here in iowa) and we were travelling a lake by russian matryoshka dolls and like. something something, then we had to sleep (in dorms) and i would get up and walk around a lot at night and i met some french dude (who only spoke chinese) who worked picking locks (not, surprisingly, a thief) and anyway the culmination of this dream was learning the friend had a kintsugi account and had written and posted a callout about me because i didn't know hawaiian.

also i got lebesgue and n pretty rocks that had fossils in them. that was the subplot going on with the french dude

6. idiomie

idiomie ;&

watching a zombie series on netflix, and what i'm mostly getting out of this is that i am terrified of abandoning my cats in a disaster situation

also i want to write a zombie movie that is a thinly veiled psa for high schoolers about either a) driving safety or b) disaster preparedness in general

7. idiomie

idiomie ;&

mostly because of this scene. i couldn't find the exact moments i wanted on their own (and i don't know how to gif), but: the three characters we're following are in a car chase, william (the driver) tells everyone to put their seatbelts on. he and kyungsun (front passenger) do, but barbara (the older white woman in the backseat) is only seen grabbing the overhead handle thingy. (happens c. 0:18-0:20). about a minute later, william, because he was distracted trying to drive the other car off the road, totals their car in one of the concrete highway dividers. he and kyunsun hit the the dashboard, but barbara, who never put her seatbelt on, is sent flying through the windshield and dies (and turns into a zombie because, obviously, zombie movie). (happens c. 0:53-1:30)

anyway, my first reaction to this scene was wanting to like caption it or have a voice over of "and this is why you always buckle your seatbelt" or whatever

i think my description serves as a warning if you watch. the rest of the clip is just them escaping the car and running from zombies

8. idiomie

idiomie ;&

anyway, i now want a humor horror movie, that's like: 101 ways to survive the apocalypse or w/e

9. idiomie

idiomie ;&

also i learned that the name of this show is black summer, not black plague (my first thought) or black sails (my second, which i was pretty sure was actually pirates and, yes, it is actually pirates)

10. idiomie

idiomie ;&

a horror movie aesop, if you will

11. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

I feel like that's maybe Shawn of the Dead, but also maybe not quite there. There was also that one romcom for 2013 Warm Bodies, in which the male lead is a zombie.

12. idiomie

idiomie ;&

i love both of those! but also not what i'm going for. definitely, or at least adjacent to, the humor of shawn of the dead, but like, with heavy cross over vibes to like anti drunk driving psas. also, i don't think either shawn of the dead or warm bodies fit my idea of being aesops - the initial idea for this was a pro seatbelt ad campaign directed at teen drivers, spiritually related to that "what's up, fellow teens?" meme, i guess. then it sort of mutated as i thought about it, partly during the transition from being conceived as an ad campaign to being a movie, and i was like "emergency preparedness, but engaging!"

also i am a sucker for in medias res, record scratch, voice-over "so i guess you're wondering how i got here" and will figure out how to include no matter how contrived

• Winner x 1
  13. idiomie

idiomie ;&

probably the key element i want is to have several main characters (possibly independent of each other/in their own storylines?) that you are supposed to be attached to, who each have some sort of "fatal flaw" that gets them gruesomely killed. someone who never buckles their seatbelt, and is even possibly called on it and defends themselves with "it's not like it's illegal anymore!" dying in a car crash a la barbara from the clip. someone who pulls a lone wolf routine, getting into a situation they can't escape by themselves dying.

... i'm trying to think of a way to write one about someone who mooches and never pulls their weight in the group, but that one needs to be handled more carefully than the briefs i'm giving, because i don't want it to be "and this is why we should euthanize disabled people" because ... no (my initial concept was someone who's a dead weight getting abandoned but i have read too many doomsday prepper manifestos talking about how all disabled people are always dead weight and should always be abandoned)

actually, also, i don't care about being gritty and "suspension of disbelief", it needs disabled people who survive and are key players and who, if they get killed off, do not die because they're disabled, but because actually they suck. (am i salty that the very sweet deaf boy gets killed ep 3 in this, but the little bitch coward who abandons people survives until the end of the season? yes)

14. idiomie

idiomie ;&

i feel like an episode format would be better for no other reason than the episodes could be titled things like "PSA: Always Wear Your Seatbelt" or "PSA: Proper Sanitation Saves Lives"

the sanitation ep would be about an outbreak of disease in the survivors camp because no one knows how to properly dispose of human waste. or about how basic skills like hand washing are important. or... actually "PSA: Proper Sanitation Saves Lives" will have several sequel eps, because ... there are so many things that involve sanitizing things or at least using best sanitary practices

15. idiomie

idiomie ;&

an important central vibe to this is it's "thinly veiled" psa nature though. and by thinly veiled i really am think of the "what's up, fellow teens" meme

16. idiomie

idiomie ;&

also a key requirement for this is that the horror music, if any, is only used on "inappropriate" things (they did their latrine *dun dun dun* *camera pan* it's too close to their water source) because horror music is my literal enemy and i only want it to be used in situations where it can clue watchers into "hey this is bad and will have negative consequences" but that won't give me personally the screaming heebie jeebies

17. idiomie

idiomie ;&

watching a horror movie with no sound is somehow scarier than watching it with sound. brain why. stop.

also seriously debating skipping this segment of the episode because i loathe this character

18. idiomie

idiomie ;&

i feel really bad for the crazy murder children though. how did they get left behind? clearly they've been pulling their honey trap murder game for a while - why?

black summer's whole schtick is that it gives zero backstory ever though

19. idiomie

idiomie ;&

loser boy is back in my good graces solely because i am anxious and don't want to see someone die. even if i've been wanting to see him die for the last three episodes

(yes i am liveblogging this. lebesgue and n are a sleep and i am very afraid)

• Witnessed x 2
  20. idiomie

idiomie ;&

loser boy does not ... know how to shut doors

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice