1. We've been a little overwhelmed with the rate of moderator activity lately, and @rigel drew the short straw. Congratudolences are appreciated, or you could give generously to the memorial fund for his sanity.
    Dismiss Notice

idiomie: ; &

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by idiomie, Dec 15, 2018.

1. idiomie

idiomie ;&

was watching the su ep (which was GREAT) and like, i really wish more time had been spent on white diamond after she "changed her mind"

because that shit doesn't just go away?? it was too clean. i'm *glad* it worked out but like. i so badly wanted to see her actually be reformed, instead of the video montage

esp because like. the speech of hers. parts of it were LITERAL verbatim of shit my mom has said to me, whoop whoop. that literally hurt to watch

• Witnessed x 1
  2. idiomie

idiomie ;&

KEFIR SO GOOD

i got kefir grains about 2-3 weeks before being hospitalized, had totally forgotten about the milk fermenting in my fridge, and came home to glorious, glorious kefir

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  3. idiomie

idiomie ;&

also to be fair mine is some sorta kefir/yogurt abomination but :toot:

• Like x 1
  4. idiomie

idiomie ;&

i've discovered that you can turn fenris over to danarius

D:

• Witnessed x 1
  5. idiomie

idiomie ;&

Welp. Computer finally died, and phone is... Basically dead. AND I have a double ear infection! :D

On the bright side, we've finally got enough in savings that, even after my hospital visit and the going on three weeks I've had to take off from work, we have enough in savings that we can cover all of next month's predicted expenses. So there's that.

Not thrilled that next month looks like we're putting off getting furniture (again) to get me a new phone tho. :(

6. idiomie

idiomie ;&

Oh also the airbed is broken and keeps deflating overnight. Clearly there is a leak but idk where yet

7. idiomie

idiomie ;&

Furniture: $900
    Real mattress: $600
    Chromebook: $1650 (I ... feel so guilty about this one)
    Phone: $650
    Monthly expenses: $1100 + $800

Current savings as of right now: $1241

8. idiomie

idiomie ;&

I suppose technically we don't have enough for *all* our expenses, because we don't have the $800 I owe my grandma. But we have enough for all our bills and to comfortably afford food, so honestly she can hang. Mostly what we've been doing, since I went down to one job instead of two, is paying her p much my entire paycheck (I make roughly $900 a month), and then paying our bills out of lebesgue's (who makes $1800/mo), and saving the difference. So we should be able to afford my phone next month, just not save anything, and also not buy any furniture like I'd been planning. :(

9. idiomie

idiomie ;&

the last like three days have been... an adventure

first the airbed pops a leak

then i get a double ear infection

now? it turns out??? my license has been suspended for over a year???

10. idiomie

idiomie ;&

i've started making a point to say the blessings before eating food and ... hmm i like this feeling. it feels very good. yes, thank you, i am very grateful

• Like x 1
  11. idiomie

idiomie ;&

make one friend, get one (1) baby

12. idiomie

idiomie ;&

bluh the spoiler is about ... sad stuff posted elsewhere

muffin is "doing better" as of last convo with mom, but when i broached the subject of me coming and getting him, the response was "i think the fuck not"
    i'm sitting here in a horrible guilt spiral, because lebesgue and i have talked extensively about our plans for a life post muffin, which was "i don't want a long discontinuity between cats, aka new kitty asap" which i already felt lowkey guilty for, but now that he's definitely not coming out to iowa (my mother is convinced he won't survive the trip, not that she thinks he's going to survive much longer without alice either) ... new cat. :/

all that stands between me and a cat now is a furnished apartment, not a furnished apartment and a 1000 mile cross country roadtrip, though. so. silver lining.

things this apartment desperately needs:
    dining table. i am so sick of eating on the floor, i'm sorry
    an actual bed, with storage underneath
    a desk, for lebesgue's schoolwork, because lebesgue is the sort of person who actually uses desks
    shelving. i like floating shelves aesthetically. this one can probably mostly wait

things i would like this apartment to have, sooner rather than later:
    a rolling kitchen island
    a chest freezer
    a credenza

things i need for KITTY:
    litterbox
    cat toys

upon doing a review of this months finances:
    even after adding a new expense to the budget (car insurance) (and picking almost the most expensive option lmao), fixed costs (excluding medical expenses, gas, and groceries, because those are slightly flexible month to month) are only at $950/mo. gas seems to average about $170, comparing this month to last month, medical expenses are at $215 because of the hospital visit and then i got a double ear infection, so discounting that it's looking like an average of $115, and we spent a whopping $430 on groceries this month. o.o i'm.... horrified, honestly, i hadn't actually realized we were spending that much. i would like to get groceries down to $150 for march, i think.

so the anticipated cost for march is ~$1385. my computer, after ignoring it for a day, seems to be working again too? so hopefully i can definitely delay getting a new one. my phone continues to be ... uncooperative, so it's likely we'll be getting me a new one in march. i'm hoping to wait until april though.

i'm going to try to wait as long as possible in march, because it's a phone or starting to get furniture, and i don't want to start getting furniture and then suddenly! yeah, i really need that new phone.

13. idiomie

idiomie ;&

mmmm phone keeps... not working... to the surprise of no one...

if i can just make it to the middle of next month, we're good

• Witnessed x 1
  14. idiomie

idiomie ;&

WE MEET KITTENS SATURDAY :O

• Winner x 3
  15. idiomie

idiomie ;&

i don't think it's really as bad as having newborns, but the cats keep waking me up in the middle of the night. and i don't mean "oh i'm not used to the noise they make" (and they do make a lot of noise, with the whole constantly flopping around), but i mean they will literally claw at me until i wake up and pet them. mostly morrighan. kisara's usually content to curl up by my legs/lebesgue's legs, and doze there, but morrighan is Very Insistent that i pay attention to her.

i feel kinda bad, morrighan clawed lebesgue in the face this morning trying to crawl over them. they don't mean to claw us up so much, they just. use their claws to touch everything. and have horrible aim.

16. idiomie

idiomie ;&

also i am glad lebesgue insisted we get an actual mattress when we got the cats, instead of sticking with the air mattress we'd been using. they would've clawed it to shreds by now

17. idiomie

idiomie ;&

the cats are laying on top of me this is the best day of my life

• Winner x 2
  18. idiomie

idiomie ;&

the cats are grooming each other but they have... like zero motor control. so they're just. bopping each other with their heads, and occasionally licking. they're both purring though, so i'm glad it's apparently working

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  19. idiomie

idiomie ;&

also morrighan was trying to walk across my chest earlier and lost her balance, flailed, and sunk her claws into my face. ow

• Witnessed x 1
  20. idiomie

idiomie ;&

the cats tried to take a shower with me

no!!! i am not dealing with you being wet in this weather!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice