ignoring an entire forum

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by bushwah, Aug 7, 2019.

1. bushwah

bushwah a known rule consequentialist

I set Fine Imported Drama to be ignored in all three ways, reloaded the main page, and am still seeing FID threads in the new post box. Is this a caching thing that'll fix itself in a day or two or do I need to block all the threads individually or what?

2. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

It might be a bug, but you can also ask mods to ban you from FID so It 'll hide the whole subforum from you

3. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

Yeah, the new posts box seems to be an unfortunate exception to the ignore feature :/

4. bushwah

I’m not sure I want to be banned; I just want to not see it until and unless I decide I want to look. And I did check a box saying to hide it from new posts. I think it’s a bug.

5. vegacoyote

vegacoyote dog metaphores and pedanticism

Have you tried unfollowing the individual threads? If you do that, you should stop getting new-post notifications.

6. bushwah

I don't follow any FID threads, so they aren't showing up in alerts. They're showing up in the New Posts box on the main page.

• Informative x 1
  7. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

I think the ignored threads in the new post box thing has come up before and it’s due to how the forum works.

8. bushwah

Well, that's just bad design, then. *sigh* I get why people request bans now. I wish I could handle it all on my end, but if that's not possible...

Hey mods, ban me from Fine Imported Drama please?

9. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Yeah, I had that problem with Brainbent and eventually asked for a ban.

I think a lot of people who are banned from specific forums make subaccounts for when they want to look at those threads, if that helps?

• Agree x 3
  10. bushwah

I don't really want to look at those threads, tbh -- I just don't like having to rely on other people to operate my content filters -- but if I did, yeah, I'd make another account and not request the ban on that one. (The delay of manual approval means I might want to do this ahead of time.)

Also I really appreciate that offsite drama is cordoned off on its own forum; it's the same sort of excellentness as when, say, RPF or underage gets separated out from the rest of a fic archive. Like, yes, you do that, far away from me.

*am maybe slightly annoyed that AO3 has no functional way of filtering out RPF from search results*

11. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

it would probably be a good idea to have a "please ban me" thread in TSM, like the changing account names thread.

(edit: removed a dumb joke)

• Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice