image breaking and post edits

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by asynch, Jun 24, 2016.

1. asynch

asynch allegedly legendary

kit asked me to make a thread here regarding her image breaking issue in this thread (she's banned (by her own request) from That's So Meta)

we're pretty sure there's a forum-code issue not displaying the edits involved in this somehow:

kit hosts images on Google Photos in a shared album; this usually works just fine. other images linked from the same album today are showing correctly. the two which aren't are also not showing an edit history.

thoughts?

2. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

fwiw i can see none of the images here, I get a small grey traffic sign

• Like x 3
  3. asynch

asynch allegedly legendary

we have done a science! for some reason, the images do show in the liveblog thread for kit on her computer & account, but not on mine, so we tried a few things. results:

my chrome/google account + my kintsugi account = no images on posts #120 and #121

my chrome/google account + kit's kintsugi account = no images on posts #120 and #121

kit's chrome/google account + kit's kintsugi account = images show normally.

kit's chrome/google account + my kintsugi account = images show normally.

regardless, none of these combos show the edit history on the two posts in question.

my theory is that something's a little wonky with the permissions on the links, so they're only displaying for kit's google account because they're hosted in her google photos. sometimes that happens; usually editing to replace the image link fixes that. but this time posts #120 and #121 in her thread just aren't showing their edits, even when she waited + tried again a few times. (#120 does show the first attempted edit, but not later ones)

has anyone else been having problems with edits not working?

• Like x 3
  4. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

I've had problems on shared albums when they had too many photos in them, at a certain point the links just wouldnt show em
    dont know if that helps :\

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice