In last 2015, starts yelling in 2017

Discussion in 'Howdy there!' started by Nobody's Home, May 15, 2017.

1. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

Hey y'all according to my user history I signed up in september 25 2015, made a single post on oct 8 2015, completely forgot about this for 2016, N started kicking up activity this 2017

So Hey! I've never really used forums before so I've been fumblin around. A bit unsure n intimidated in tryin to navigate all these threads and stuff but we'll see? Because now I've developed the compulsive need to Check For Alerts so hey that draws me back in the yell hole.

I'm Martin, Marty, Roy, Glassesblu, that's me, also Filipino. ✌

It's been weird because I haven't really had a solid fandom since Homestuck (and the majority of participation has been in the intermission subfandom and i haven't participated in that in complete ages ) but I love other stuff like
    The Adventure Zone, WTNV, Steven Universe, Undertale, Overwatch, Mob Psycho 100, (those are the ones I can name off the top of my head)

I love to draw and create original characters and stories n fanfictions and stuff.
    I want to write but I've been having issues with writer perfectionism and stupid crap like that so it's been tough, especially because I love stories and making them.

I also love to readd Book tales n internet fanfics heck yeah.

I actually want to talk to people! I'm just p nervous and unsure of what's proper so hey *jazz hands*

ETA: I'm also weirdly stressed out (greatly aggravated by college) n experiencing new thoughts n feelings that are kinda weird n frightening n I'm guessing this is the forum for that heyo. (I'm just nervous because ever since 2015 I've been trying to construct in my head a post for here to talk about my bullshit but i never get to posting it because it seemingly because quite incoherent. And it's a bit worse than it has been since then so Hey! I'm yelling inside about that)

ETA: ((Sorry sometimes I post a thing on a thread then delete out of anxiety (or re-edit). Hope that doesn't happen much but hey there you go))

Anyway I've already been posting so see y'all around I guess

Last edited: May 15, 2017
    • Like x 4
  2. kmoss

kmoss whoops

just so you know, posting a post that is one hundred percent incoherent key smashing is valid

(also if you do just want to scream, there are subforums for that)

I'm on my phone and so I cannot link you to all the cool places that I think you will like typing into, but I know mcelroy content is in the thread "kiss your dad square on the lips"

you might also like the subforum Make It So, which is for creative types

and feel free to ask questions if you are confused

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. Nobody's Home

Ok thank you! @kmoss

Yeah actually the only ones I've got to checking out so far is dropping by in fan town n make it so! I have added to threads but a bit sparsely tbh given how much I like to talk. ((Also because I've been in school but it's almost my school break so *sweats* hooray))

I guess one of the things I'm worried about is while fan town usually got the name of the thing to search for, checking threads in others might be a bit more, less solid.
    Like question threads asking about advice and stuff? Worried about making a thread when a similar purpose thread Already exists, and I'm actually not good at checking if a thread exists or not.

Also when multiple people are talking, I'm not sure who to specifically address or if I should just address no one meaning it's meant for anyone

Haha it all boils down to forum format just being really new, I'll get there probably some day

4. kmoss

kmoss whoops

usually if i think there's a thread out there about what i want to talk about, i ask in the side bar thing.

And there's no issue with making an overlap thread! someone might stop by and go "hey this is a thread here [link] already", and we don't have rules about thread necromancy if the thread in question was old as hell

if multiple people are talking, i like to add their quotes into my post and address them one by one, but if it's a group discussion, you're pretty solid if you don't address anyone

these might be helpful for forum questions:
    https://kintsugi.seebs.net/threads/newbie-questions-thread.4761/
    https://kintsugi.seebs.net/threads/welcome-read-this-first.5696/
    https://kintsugi.seebs.net/threads/do-we-have-a-thread-for-that-the-thread.4032/

• Like x 1
  5. Another Shy One

Another Shy One More books than clothes

Kamusta fellow pinoy!:mpsa: (Please note i dont speak tagalog, my mother never taught me -_-) lol anyways, hope you enjoy kintsugi!

• Winner x 1
  6. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

hi! and yay, undertale!

• Winner x 1
  7. Nobody's Home

*finger guns* haha it's ok
    It's the corniest shit ever I live in the Philippines but English is my first Language and I'm not very good at Filipino/Tagalog.
    Huhu it's cause my mom had the opposite problem, oh well.

Yes! It's actually been a while since I've consumed or created content since it's died.
    But i wanna get into it again

• Like x 1
  8. unknownanonymous

i just got into undertale at the start of 2017 and i've been sperging about it the entire year.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  9. Another Shy One

Another Shy One More books than clothes

Where in the philipines are you from? Most of my moms family is in visaya and maybe cebu?? I dont rember lol xD... Youre mom doesnt know how to speak tagalog? Am i parsing that right? (Reading comp is not working right rn xp)

10. Nobody's Home

Ah nah I mean my mom had a hard time learning English when she was younger so she n my dad spoke English to us at home (and it's unfortunate that they didn't know that u can speak a lotta languages to young kids and they pick it up somehow as they age wow!)

Anyway i live in Luzon (man there's so many languages in the Philippines tho, And Bisaya and Cebuano are totally a thing! Tagalog I think is one if the majorities tho) and I'm moderately bilingual at least (I can understand when people talk to me and can infer meanings but I'm not really properly good at the language)

Like in the Philippines schools already teach English at Grade one so a lot of people know English well enough but what's stressful to me is that I have a different accent? Sometimes people think I grew up in America or something and I'm like haha no :') i also have an accent when i speak tagalog but i can't really recognize it properly myself

11. Nobody's Home

Heck yeah heck yeah heck yeah man I wanna know ur thoughts tho (Should probably move that to the fan thread unless you've got ur full posts there already about your undertale thoughts)

• Like x 1
  12. unknownanonymous

yep, i have already posted a lot of posts in the fan thread about undertale and my thoughts on it

• Like x 1
  13. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Hey, welcome! :D Your posts seem to indicate that you're a Pretty Cool Dude.

You mentioned liking fanfiction...do you have any faves?

• Like x 1
  14. Nobody's Home

Oh hmm i have some but like in terms of actually searching for content to read I'm super bad so I'm not well read in fanfic but here's some i remember ((also feel free to rec me shit, the worst at sifting through the content person That I am, would appreciate it)
    - Blue Sky by waffles. Haha oh man I've never played a portal game but I just checked out this fic (cause sometimes i read fics of fandom I'm not a part of) and it's like, a really early memory for me? Like being inspired by someone's writing n crap and the attached fic art and feeling so into it. It's a good memory.
    - Space Bro by the forum's very own JJT and oh man this really Sparked my love for SolKat tbh! Again, another early memory, heck.

- Salt (M) A remnant of my ol SNK days, it's an Erwin/Levi fic (the top dogs at the military thingy) and I haven't reread it in a long time so I can't give my updated view of it but i remember enjoying it, along with the some of the author's other works
    - Judge Not (E) a short good omens Aziraphale/Crowley fanfic that's a p gentle experience

- children, wake up (E) lmao it's a huxlo fic and while i don't really care much for the ship itself i apparently had a tab open with this in it and I really got into that shit like wow heck. It's big and interesting

The stately homes of wiltshire (E) and like jeez it's been forever since I've read actual Harry potter and it's only in the year of our Lord 2017 i tried reading Drarry fic and totally getting in to it? Shrugs!

And there a bunch in my AO3 bookmarks but it's really been a while so! Sorry.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  15. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

Yo! I love to hear about people's stories and worlds and stuffs =3
    .... I guess I should hang around Make It So more than I do, but eh. xD

• Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice