(insert clever pun about snow)

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by PotteryWalrus, Jan 17, 2016.

1. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

So here in the UK, we don't get nearly as much snow in the winter (I'm in the north of england), as books and movies seem to think we do, so whenever it snows more than maybe an inch or so I make sure to try and enjoy it - since most of our internal infrastructure seems to panic at any real weather that isn't mild rain or cloud, it's not like I can get further than my street due to bus shortages anyway.

(This of course is dependant on whether or not my joints are playing up from the cold. I was having a reasonably good day today.)

I've always liked making snow animals of various kinds, so this time - it was perfect packing snow, the kind that just rolls up like a carpet and sticks together without turning to slippery ice - I was a bit adventerous and made a sheep-capricorn. A mersheep? A snowmerbaaile? XD

Does anyone else like snow? (And I totally understand if you don't. It's a shitty thing to travel in even when you don't have feet of the stuff, and I can't imagine having to put up with it all winter D:)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like x 3
  2. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Nope, not a fan of snow. Too cold and slippery and annoying :P

That beast looks magnificent, though :D

• Like x 2
  3. blue

blue hightown funk you up

Your snow beast is extremely rad!

[removed content]

Photo is badly cropped because someone's kid helped us and I don't want to put them on the Internet without asking, so now I'm the leftmost in the picture. I didn't have any good snow gear - I just layered jeans over long johns - and we were working for hours, and by the time we were done it was getting dark, and when the heat from working faded away I was as cold and tired as I've ever been. :D But Snotoro! His ears just barely take him over the seven-foot mark, haha.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    • Like x 2
  4. PotteryWalrus

Hah, he looks awesome! What did you use to colour him like that?

5. blue

blue hightown funk you up

food coloring and water in spray bottles : D

6. PotteryWalrus

Hee! I'll have to remember that for next time <3

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice