inserting images

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by Ipuntya, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Ipuntya

Ipuntya your purple friend

so i know that images can be inserted using their urls, but i was wondering if it would be possible to directly upload and insert images for the sake of convenience

the other options we currently have are to

a: upload the image onto some other site, grab the link, then paste link into the insert image prompt, which is tedious and annoying

or

b: upload the image as an attached file, where it must be opened in a new tab to be viewed, which doesn't come close to looking as nice as an image embedded in a post

i'm not really fond of either alternative

2. Ipuntya

furthermore i'm not sure the attachments are even possible using the mobile version of the website

3. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

it is possible, using the upload file button at the bottom of the page, to then insert either a thumbnail or the full image...

cute-bunnies-tongues-6.jpg

4. Ipuntya

huh, i never noticed that was an option

guess there's no reason for this thread then

5. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

i think you are right about attachments not being possible with mobile (unless you type the code in and, well, that's no fun). and also i only noticed the inserty thing literally like last week, i was SO CONFUSED as to how people were doing it (i only knew about the url insert)... so at least now confused people have a place to look.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    • Like x 1
  6. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

You can also literally cut and paste shit into the post box and it'll be uploaded here and put in your post at that place.

(that's what i've been doing for my undertale liveblog)

• Like x 1
  7. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

@Wiwaxia neat, didn't know that.

Currently the 'Upload a File' button is not functioning correctly. It lets me select a file and uploads it, but they used to then show up below the posting text box and could be selected and inserted into the post as either thumbnail or full size; currently I'm not seeing that and thus can't use them.

However if I click 'post', I will see the files below the text. So they are going up, just the compose bit isn't working right.

8. EulersBidentity

EulersBidentity e^i*[bi] + 1

The "upload a file" option is still there on mobile, it's just a bit fiddly. I can attach images from my phone, but they tend to turn out HUGE when I look at them on my laptop browser. So if you see me posting antisocially enormous pics, sorry, it looks fine on my phone screen.

• Like x 1
  9. EulersBidentity

EulersBidentity e^i*[bi] + 1

Although I was wondering...is there a reason to limit pics hosted here out of courtesy? Because I don't know jack about web hosting, and I don't want to...yanno...break Kintsugi, or something, by uploading too many files. (I am only half kidding.)

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice