Invader Zim

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by sicklyprince, Jan 6, 2016.

1. sicklyprince

sicklyprince giant androgynous glam monster

soooooo this silly cartoon was a huge part of my life for years, and i've been waiting to read the new comics for ages and now i am reading them because my friend gave them to me for christmas (new content! new content!!! i can't believe this is happening, the show ended in 2006 and i had given up hope of ever getting anything new, but now we have comics i am scream.) so. anyways. i'm going to push past my embarrassment about being totally in love with this show (i remember the days of deviantart TACOZ WAFFLEZ DOOM XDDDD days, oh yes i do, and i participated in them) because i must scream. i love this little incompetent shrieky alien so much.

tumblr_o0iogfpwOI1u4a37ho1_1280.jpg

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    • Like x 2
  2. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

*quietly settles in*

I really need o read tbe comics. QQ

• Like x 1
  3. sicklyprince

they are very quality comics. the tone is really true to the original show. i felt like i had been reunited with family i hadn't seen in years. 10/10 would recommend.

(i'm pretty sure there are scans of the comics up all over the place, if you're interested; i really wanted to wait to have the actual comics in my hands, though.)

4. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

I'm planning to try and order them, I've just been a total dumb butt. Also: *points at name* there's a reason little Zi will never be quite over Invader Zim. :p

5. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

One of my best friends got me into the show in middle school and started me on the slightly unhealthy road to Jhonen Vasquez obsession send help

6. sicklyprince

honestly, i think it's kind of hard not to love his art style, at least (even though the humor that goes with it isn't for everyone.) it's so exaggerated and sharp and fun to look at.

• Like x 1
  7. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

and SO HARD TO EMULATE. Still have no freakin clue how to draw any of his characters in my own style, haha

8. sicklyprince

fuckin' true. part of the fun of his characters is how overemotive and exaggerated and...generally disturbing they are, and it's hard to capture that without trying to directly imitate him, i think.

also, i saw this post today and it reminded me of what a bizarre piece of work this show really was.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  9. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

*nodnod*

Also: WHOO, PREORDERED VOLUME 1 *-*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice