is a copycat (worldbuilding thread)

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by peripheral, Aug 12, 2016.

1. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

Not entirely sure how these work but:

My major unshared universes right now are
    Magic Mirror (Harry Potter AU)
    Accidental (RWBY AU)
    Walker (Original story)
    Definite Heroes (Original story)
    Elemental Violent (less developed original universe)

I'm going to sleep so I'm not going to say much at the moment, but ask questions, etc. Ask for bits and pieces of story of various things, I'll throw up links to stuff I've written, eventually.
    Yeah.

-wanders off awkwardly-

2. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

Please post the bullet scene from Walker

3. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

I can see Alan watching the plaga, who stands frozen, as if he’s been hit hard or startled. “You died,” he says, bringing a gloved hands up to reach towards them. “Empty night, I saw you die!”

“Take off your mask,” Alan whispers after a tense silence that stretches even more because today, like most of the days before it, is very hot. Today is drier too, which makes it stranger. “Let me see your face.”

“No,” the plaga says. “No, I can’t chance it. You’re supposed to be dead.”

“Well I’m not.” Alan straightens out of the slouch they usually carry themself in. They’re way taller than this plaga, and like this, glowering in their oversized coat, they somehow manage to look more imposing than the person in a mask. “Take off your mask.” They look as though they might just rip it off for the plaga, and I kind of want to see that.

I’m carrying my bat- this visit comes as Laina and I are leaving to scrounge- and I wonder if I should try to help, somehow. Laina looks at me from the other side of where the plaga and Alan are just staring at each other, and she shakes her head. I loosen my grip on the bat, holding onto that arm with the opposite hand. It’s not quite crossing my arms, but it feels similar, at least.

“You know I can’t,” the plaga repeats. He’s becoming agitated, and he keeps reaching for something under his long coat- a gun? before hesitating and bringing his hand out empty again.

“I don't care,” Alan says, and they move as if to remove the mask forcibly from the plaga’s head. He finally draws the gun, and almost quicker than I can track, distracted as I am by looking over at Laina for some kind of signal, he brings it up and shoots Alan, the sound causing me to drop my bat as I bring my hands up to cover my ears. I close my eyes and back up for a moment, too, trying to ignore the thoughts the sound revives.

When I open my eyes again Alan has a hand over the right side of their face, and where I've backed up to lets me see that there’s red through the gaps in their fingers.

“What was the point of that?” they ask, and I hear the same unnerving pseudo-mirth I remember from their first hours here. “Don't you guys know everything about goes on in the city?”

“Your story was that you were rescued near the walled neighborhoods,” the plaga whispers, “scrounging for food.”

“You believed that?” Alan sounds genuinely surprised. They remove their hand, wincing. “Ah, that took a while to come out.” They hold up the bullet. “Would you like this back?”

“What.”

A smile splits their face, the same kind that signals long rambles about death at the hands of shambles. I haven't seen it in a while, and I immediately hate this plaga even more than I already did, because the whole point of everything is that Alan not smile like that. Well maybe not everything, but the point of a whole lot of what I’ve said and acted like, these past few weeks.

“I asked if you’d like this bullet back.” They roll it between the fingers of their hand, “you know, since it didn’t stay in my face. It’s a bit flattened though. If you are who I think you are, it’s rather hurtful that you shot me.” They wince. “Literally, in some ways. Sometimes I do so regret not being a pill user.”

“You’re infected?!”

“Of course, do you think I was reborn spontaneously?” The smile is widening, “No, I was bitten. So was dad, you know! I got to see him fall apart and run at me, and then I was alone! You know how fun it is to be alone in the tunnels for three months?” They’re definitely doing the babbling thing again, and I mentally steel myself against descriptions of being eaten alive, again, possibly to cover my ears because even though I’ve taken my dose pretty recently this time I still don’t like to hear about it.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice