Is it possible to add an extra layer of privacy to a thread?

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by evilas, Jul 16, 2016.

1. evilas

evilas Sure, I'll put a custom title here

I was wondering if it was possible to make it so you could create a thread that had some sort of extra layer of privacy, maybe it could require people requesting to be in it or something. It might make some people (including me) in a certain specific private thread feel safer if this was possible.

2. I think there is a limited number you can have in private conversations.

3. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

And you can't upload images directly to PMs, which was part of the issue that brought this up. Any images have to be uploaded to a third party and crossposted, which can defeat the purpose of specifically layered privacy for the sake of image sharing.

4. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

So the goal here is to
    - share images without uploading to a third party like imgur
    - to specific people rather than the whole site
    - on the forum itself, rather than via email or something
    ?

• Like x 2
  5. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Unless there's some feature in the software that we're unaware of, you can have any 2 of those but not all three.

also *raises hand as person who would be too shy to ask for the thing*

• Like x 4
  6. evilas

evilas Sure, I'll put a custom title here

Yes, that's ideally what we'd want to do.

7. Ipuntya

Ipuntya your purple friend

the simplest solution, i think, would be to be to use something that would more appropriately serve the purpose you have in mind, like skype or something

kintsugi's probably not the safest or most suitable place for what you're talking about

• Like x 6
  8. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

It seems to me that once you want to share things with specific people, yeah, something like skype is probably a better fit?

• Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice