is there a way to enable email alerts if you (as an individual, specifically) want them for yourself

Discussion in 'The Undercity' started by unknownanonymous, Apr 21, 2015.

1. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

'cause yeah, kintsugi's No Emails Ever thing, while beneficial for people who can't do email, really intensifies my skinner boxing tendencies. like, i know i won't be notified ever so i feel like if i'm not constantly checking, i'll miss things and get behind and yeah... makes it so i'm constantly clicking refresh out of fear of missing something and can't leave it alone for five minutes.

which might be a case of incompatible needs you can't do anything about, but i figured i'd toss this up anyway, just in case you could.

2. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Unfortunately, I don't think I can. The problem is that the email stuff is buried throughout the code, but there's one chokepoint where I could just disable all the email sending, which is what I did to make it not send the registration emails. (There's not a separate setting for those.)

3. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

@seebs it's okay. just wanted to see if it was even possible before i gave up on the idea.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice