is this graphics card what i need/compatible?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by artistformerlyknownasdave, Oct 23, 2016.

1. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

so, i recently got a $1,000 gift to buy myself a new computer. i poked around a little, and thought the HP ENVY 750 would do the job nicely. i paired it with this AOC 23" monitor. (i also just noticed some higher end models of the same line i have come
    with the graphics card i want, but i have the lower-end one. it was $700 i think)

unfortunately, although it's perfect in every other respect, the graphics card is a little lacking. it's an intel HD graphics 530.

some other specs that might be relevant:
    12GB RAM
    2TB drive
    6th generation intel i5 core processor
    300w AC power supply

i'd like to run the games i play with at least medium graphics, if not higher. (overwatch, for one) and was wondering if the GTX 750 ti would do that and y'know. actually work with my computer

i'd rather not upgrade my power supply--i'm much more confident messing with the technical aspects of PCs than opening up the case and gettin' up in there.

which leads to a follow up question-- where can i take my PC to have someone upgrade it for me, or am i better off getting over the fear and doing it myself?

if this card isn't compatible, what is? is upgrading my power supply a must? thanks a ton for reading this/responding

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice