Vent Jerb searching

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by Tea and Rain, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Tea and Rain

Tea and Rain angry squirrel

I am looking for a job and it is frustrating. I have some health limitations that rule possibilities out. My sparse resume is also not earning many call backs.

I just fear I will be in the same position I currently am six months from now (directionless, living off of savings, and living at home to reduce costs). I know this is anxiety talking but hey I was in the same circumstances five months ago. I do not know whether it is worth moving or going back to school. Mainly I feel exhausted and like my efforts are futile so why try? I know that is a depression logic trap, occasionally I have stepped into it.

I currently do not know how to spoiler tag posts. At some point I will do a test post in this thread attempting to use that tool.

• Witnessed x 1
  2. Lampad

Lampad New Member

Ugh, job searching is a such a grinding, depressing process. Many sympathies.

I finished a job search a couple months ago. One of the things I tried to do, with only intermittent success, was to think of the goal of the process as direction instead of a job. If I found a listing for a job I wanted, then even if I didn't get it, I tried to consider it progress toward figuring out how what I wanted fit into the world (and whether I'd need to move / do more school / teach myself new skills / whatever to do the work I wanted to be doing). I, uh, didn't succeed much, but I think it helped a little. I set very few things on fire, anyway. :)

There's a BBCode reference thread here that demonstrates how to do spoiler tags and eight million other things.

• Like x 1
  3. Tea and Rain

Thanks for the BBCode reference thread.

4. Tea and Rain

It occurred to me I could create a list of questions for my next meeting with the representatives from the organization that is trying to help me find work. I should also list the roadblocks. Maybe they might be able to help me come up with a few work-arounds or something more plan shaped.

I can also search for some free or cheap classes. That is another list to get started. I kind of have a thing for lists.

• Like x 1
  5. Tea and Rain

So I am getting job training: yay ! I still have orthostatic intolerance issues and deconditioning issues that rule out a lot of jobs.

6. Tea and Rain

I will feel less stressed when I am more competent at said job training.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice